Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elrock13 View Post
    If you're going to choose a girl's name for a boy, use something that isn't so feminine-sounding. Phaedra has been a girls name for thousands of years. If you are going to do this, I recommend an unpopular name with little history that doesn't, in most cases, end in A.
    So using something with thousands of years of use on the opposite gender only works when naming girls?

I'm not fond of Phaedra but I love that Peaches is willing to buck the trend.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Not my favorite, but it definitely fits with the rest of the family.

I don't like Phaedra (or Astala, for that matter) for a boy or a girl. Didn't she announce that'd be his name six months ago?
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Considering Phaedra is a prominent FEMALE figure in mythology? No. Just...no.
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

Still think it's odd on a boy but there definitely has been worse celebrity baby names.
    It's so lovely that he was born on Paula's birthday, I'm sure that means a lot to Peaches.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"