Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha

Kerry Washington and her husband Nnamdi Asomugha welcomed their daughter on April 21. What do you think of the name? Normally, I'm not a fan of Isabelle, but with Asomugha, I think Isabelle sounds really nice.

According to BtN Amarachi means "God's grace" in Igbo.
    xx - Claire Elisabeth Lynne - Maria June - Abigail Margot -
    xy - Jeffrey Erich - Simon James - Regan Grant - Graham Elliot -

I think it was good to pick a more mainstream/easy name with such a hard last name. I love Isabella and Isabelle but I wouldn't use them because of popularity. I think the middle name's meaning is really pretty.
    Southern Belles:
    Aurora Daisy

Audra Rose, Bridget Annabelle, Calla Elizabeth, Celia Grace, Clara Violet, Emilia Daisy, Georgia Eloise, Lorelei Ivy, Mirabelle Jane, Rosalie Eden

Handsome Gents:
    Lincoln Gatsby

Abel Thackeray, Abram Sawyer, Everett Foster, Ezra Thatcher, Grayson Miles, Harrison Rhys, Hayes Alexander, Marshall Hugo, Nathaniel Elliot

I think it's a gorgeous choice. Asomugha is a difficult last name to work with in the States, and the very familiar but beautiful Isabelle is the perfect first name for it. And of course Amarachi flawlessly blends Dad's heritage into the name.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I know it's popular, but I think it's a very pretty name.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Audrey, Naomi, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas Christopher, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

It's gorgeous - just as I had expected. It sounds and looks so beautiful. One of my favourite celebrity baby names. Great job, Kerry and Nnamdi, I applaud you on your naming skills. Re. Isabella/Isabelle's popularity: to this day I fail to see how popularity can make a name even remotely unappealing.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"