Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha

Kerry Washington and her husband Nnamdi Asomugha welcomed their daughter on April 21. What do you think of the name? Normally, I'm not a fan of Isabelle, but with Asomugha, I think Isabelle sounds really nice.

According to BtN Amarachi means "God's grace" in Igbo.
    Always under revision.

- Jeffrey Erich - Emmeline Ruth - Alexandra Cate - Edith Isobel - Eilidh Jane - Elizabeth Opal - Frederick James - Auden Dieter -

Wishful: Genevie Nadine - Zinnia - Jethro - Cormac Archer - Nicholas Emery -

I think it was good to pick a more mainstream/easy name with such a hard last name. I love Isabella and Isabelle but I wouldn't use them because of popularity. I think the middle name's meaning is really pretty.
    Southern Belles:
    Alira Charlotte, Aurora Daisy, Calla Evangeline, Celia Grace, Emilia Ivy, Georgia Violet, Lorelei Briar, Lucy Annabelle, Magnolia Charlotte, Rosalie Eden

Handsome Gents:
    Abram Sawyer, Bennett William, Everett Foster, Ezra Carver, Greyson Miles, Harrison Rhys, Hayes Alexander, Lincoln Gatsby, Marshall Elliott, Miles Sumner

I think it's a gorgeous choice. Asomugha is a difficult last name to work with in the States, and the very familiar but beautiful Isabelle is the perfect first name for it. And of course Amarachi flawlessly blends Dad's heritage into the name.
    Emily / 20

Samuel • Edward • George • James
    Girls' names are a struggle.

Southern CA
    I know it's popular, but I think it's a very pretty name.
    Mom to James Daniel (11) William Joseph (10), Elise Marie (8), Zachary Allan (2), and George Thomas (baby)

Kate Linnea; Rose Audrey; Anna Tabitha; Caroline; Adele; Lavinia
    Theodore Maxwell;

Copenhagen, Denmark
    It's gorgeous - just as I had expected. It sounds and looks so beautiful. One of my favourite celebrity baby names. Great job, Kerry and Nnamdi, I applaud you on your naming skills. Re. Isabella/Isabelle's popularity: to this day I fail to see how popularity can make a name even remotely unappealing.
    Zelia • XXI • History student • Film and royalty enthusiast
    I blog at vesperlynds and everythingroyalty, and export names from Greenland and Inuit mythology
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Atticus Aksel Inigo • Asa Fjordur Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Asta Ivalo (EE-vah-lu) Galadriel • Aviaaja Catherine Françoise "Avi" • Anna Margaret Almarian "Anoushka"

GPs: Nor Lysander Theo • Ilja Valdemar Oisín • Olga Agnes Lúthien • Evelyn Alvaret Cleopatra "Elví"