Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Stephanie

Stephanie was my first name love, and I still really like it. I don't find it dated at all, just less popular than it use to be.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I think it's too dated. It's also my best friend's first name and she doesn't like it or go by it.

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    It's dated for sure. But Idk, there would be something kind of refreshing about seeing a Stephanie pop up among the Sophias and Avas and even the Alices and Violets.

Also it'll probably come back around eventually and then your kid will be super cutting edge. :-)
    All of this.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

As a Stephanie, I am biased. But, I think it is a pretty name. It may seem a little dated right now, but it has ancient roots and has been used as a royal name for centuries. I think that its pedigree will make it a classic to stand the test of time over other 80's cheerleader names like Stacey and Courtney. And nameberry has given me ideas of nicknames I've never thought of like Effie and Fanny--and now Fawn! That's a new one!

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

I like it a lot better than Brittany, Courtney, Melanie, Tiffany, etc.

I can't help but think of Full House which was one of my favorite shows when I was a little girl. I wanted to be Stephanie Tanner so bad. So I adore it in that aspect. The same way I adore Nancy which reminds me of reading Nancy Drew books with my grandmother when I was little.

I do find it very 80s/90s, but not in a bad way. I don't think it's technically "vintage" yet the way Eleanor and Matilda kind of are right now. Maybe in 40 years.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more