Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

In search of a biblical name that would pair well with Gabriella

We are expecting our second baby girl in September. Our two year old's name is Gabriella, and we are hoping to find a name as pretty as that. we had zeroed in on Josephine and Michaela, but received feedback that Josephine was old-fashioned, and that our daughter would be dealing with a spelling nightmare with a name like Michaela. We're all out of ideas and really need help!!

Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to Nameberry!

Both Josephine and Michaela are fine names. I love Josephine. It's vintage but it's also stylish and elegant. Vintage names are coming back so I wouldn't worry about it being "old-fashioned". Michaela is the "original" spelling of the name so I don't know why anyone would think that it would be a nightmare (certainly not because Mckayla or any of the other invented spellings are any better, surely?).

Female Names In The Bible

Delilah
    Dinah
    Miriam
    Jerusha
    Abigail
    Eve
    Junia
    Adah
    Bethany
    Esther
    Hannah/Anna
    Jemima
    Naomi
    Rebecca
    Ruth
    Sarah
    Susannah
    Tabitha
    Lydia
    Elizabeth
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I know quite a few girls with the name Michaela and I think it is a lovely version of the name.
    I don't see it as a spelling nightmare at all. In fact it could be easier than some other versions I've seen (ie. Mikayla, Makayla, Mckayla...) Just tell people that it is like spelling "Michael" with an extra "a".

Josephine is beautiful as well. One of my favorites. I think what makes it special though is that there are so many nicknames that she could use as she grows into it. Jo, Josie, Jessi, etc.

As for other suggestions, some of the prettiest biblical baby names are place names:

Magdalena
    Galilee
    Lydia

Other beautiful biblical names are:

Adah
    Priscilla

Happy to finally receive some positive feedback on my favorite names! I'm gravitating towards Josephine Rose. I think it has a beautiful ring to it!

I think Gabriella and Josephine are lovely together!
    nineteen & renaming myself soon