Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middles for Maria?

What do you think of these middles for Maria? (Again, just for fun, but might be used in the future.)

Maria Calliope
    Maria Christabel
    Maria Chrysanthe
    Maria Corisande
    Maria Emmanuelle
    Maria Evangeline
    Maria Gwendolen
    Maria Penelope
    Maria Seraphine
    Maria Valentine

(Yes, a few of them might seem overly religious to some. That doesn't bother us.)

Then there's one of my hubby's favorite combos: Mary Anastasia. I actually think it's quite lovely, but I have a few concerns. 1) Do you think Mary would seem too short next to sisters Catherine and Elizabeth? I know Maria is only one letter longer, but the three syllables make it seem long enough to work in the sibset. Mary just seems a bit short to me in comparison. 2) I also really love the idea of Anastasia as a first name, so I don't know about putting it in the middle. 3) Since Anastasia means "resurrection", the combo makes me think of a ghost I read about in a book once called Resurrection Mary. (I also dressed as her one year for Halloween.) DH had never heard of her until I told him about the story and thinks it is unlikely that anybody will make the connection, but I just can't seem to get the association out of my head now that I've made it. Would anybody else think of it, or am I just totally overthinking it?

Thanks!
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting #2 in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Catherine "Cate" Ophelia, Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine, Benjamin "Jamie" Marius

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

Any thoughts at all?
    Future Daughters: Catherine "Cate" Ophelia, Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine, Benjamin "Jamie" Marius

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I like your husband's pick. Mary Anastasia. People don't really look up meanings of names all that often and even less for middle names, which won't be used on a day to day basis. Mary, Cafherine, and Elizabeth are a very classic sibset. I didn't know who Resurrection Mary was

From your other choices I like Maria Seraphine and Maria Calliope.
    Little Bean arriving September 2014

Zoe | Noemí Esther
    Lucas Emmanuel | Levi Alexander

Adele | Adira | Arabella | Aurora | Eliana | Elizabeth | Milena | Susannah | Zara

These are my favorites:

Maria Christabel
    Maria Corisande
    Maria Gwendolen
    Maria Penelope
    Maria Seraphine
    Maria Valentine

I think I like the flow of Maria Gwendolen best.

1) Do you think Mary would seem too short next to sisters Catherine and Elizabeth? I know Maria is only one letter longer, but the three syllables make it seem long enough to work in the sibset. Mary just seems a bit short to me in comparison.
    - I think Mary would be the perfect pairing with Catherine and Elizabeth! The only better fit I can think of is Margaret. Mary Anastasia is beautiful.

2) I also really love the idea of Anastasia as a first name, so I don't know about putting it in the middle.
    - Anastasia is a beautiful name, but seems rather frilly next to Catherine and Elizabeth.

3) Since Anastasia means "resurrection", the combo makes me think of a ghost I read about in a book once called Resurrection Mary. (I also dressed as her one year for Halloween.) DH had never heard of her until I told him about the story and thinks it is unlikely that anybody will make the connection, but I just can't seem to get the association out of my head now that I've made it. Would anybody else think of it, or am I just totally overthinking it?
    - I've never heard of it, and I doubt most people think about the meaning of names. I am one who does, and resurrection in the instance of Anastasia does not make me think of ghosts, but the resurrection of the soul into Heaven.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas and Annabel Hope
    <>
    TTC #3 Violet Kristine or Owen Christopher

Thanks! I guess I really am overthinking the Resurrection Mary thing.

@krismichelle - I agree that Margaret would be absolutely perfect with Catherine and Elizabeth, but it's already my name! Too bad I'm totally against the idea of juniors...

Any other thoughts?