Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names at the top - thoughts?

Hi all
    We're having another baby Here are our top picks. Thoughts? Our son is named Kai David Bain. Both my husband and I have Scottish/Welsh origin which is why Ronan is the boy pick. Solenne is just a favorite of ours for some time. Want to make sure the names are a balance of different but not trying too hard and names that won't be trendy now and out of style 20 years from now.

Girl:
    Solenne McLaurin Bain
    Nickname: Leni or Lola?

Boy:
    Ronan John Bain

Thank you!
    Cara
    Last edited by carabain; April 26th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
    Solenne (Leni), Eve, Zoe, Nora, Claudia, Ada, Annie, Fiona, Nina
    Kai, Ronan, Emmett, Finn, Theo, Ian, Will

I love Ronan for a boy. However, I dislike the flow of Ronan John Bain because they all end in -en. Ronan Jude Bain would be lovely.
    Solenne is fine but I prefer Solana nn Lana or Soleil. Maybe you would like a Scottish name for a girl? There are some lovely ones: Alison, Elspeth, Leslie, Isobel, Islay? And Welsh: Meredith, Winifred, Ceridwen(this would be lovely if she is born in winter), Gwendolyn, Seren.
    If you go with Solenne, I prefer Leni as a nickname. Lola doesn't appeal to me and is popular but itself while Leni is fresh and sweet. I am not so sure about Solenne McLaurin because you said you don't want a trendy name and McLaurin sounds like you are trying hard to fit in Mckenzie/Mckayla trend. I say use it if you really like it or it has special meaning.

Should have mentioned John is my fathers name and McLaurin is my grandmothers maiden name so it has a lot of meaning to us -- these aren't optional. Pretty much decided.

I like Solenne over Soleil or the other names you mention. But of course it's pretty darn subjective. Thanks for the preference of Leni. I agree.
    Solenne (Leni), Eve, Zoe, Nora, Claudia, Ada, Annie, Fiona, Nina
    Kai, Ronan, Emmett, Finn, Theo, Ian, Will

Congratulations! I love Kai David, very handsome. Kai and Ronan would make a fabulous sibling set. I really like Ronan John. I do not think the names ending in the same letter is an issue at all. I feel what is important for a name is that it is special and meaningful for those creating the name. Though I am not a fan of Solenne McLaurin personally, I still feel it is a nice combo. I think I lean toward the nickname Lola.
    ♥ My family is complete, I love helping with baby names and discussing names. ♥

Love the booy named Ronan John! It is really handsome. I like Solenne McLaurin for a girl with the preference of Leni for a nn.