Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too much?

Hybrid View

Too much?

Yesterday one of the families at our preschool welcomed a new daughter to their family. Her name is Esther E___ (I don't know the middle name yet).

So here is my question: Is it too much to have such an alliterative name? Would it change your opinion to know that her brother is Emil E___?

Bonus question: How do you feel about siblings sharing initials (alliterative or not)?
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

Maybe they like E names. I don't really see anything wrong with it.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I don't mind alliteration. I personally would try not to have siblings share initials, but there isn't anything wrong with it.

I don't mind alliteration in general, but it's different for every combo. For example Madeline Madison wouldn't be very good because they are similar names. Madison Marie however doesn't sound horrible at all. It all depends on the name. Esther Elizabeth would be pretty or Esther Eleanor. No similar sounds in either combo.

I don't mind when siblings share initials. I'm actually not too stuck up on sib sets (at least not yet anyway). I don't care if they're the same style, theme, whatever. I'm a firm believer in choosing names you like. However, Alexander and Alexandra would be wayyy to close for a sib set. I also wouldn't like to chose two different names that could have the same nickname for example Jackson and Jaqueline both have the potential for Jack/Jackie as nicknames. Andrew/Andrea is another example although a little more obvious because they are spelled very similar. Some more: Olivia/Oliver, Charlotte/Charles, Christina/Christopher, Maxwell/Maxine, Joseph/Joanna (Jo), Jesse/Jessica, Nicole/Nicholas, Patrick/Patricia, etc.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

Quote Originally Posted by alyssa897 View Post
    I don't mind alliteration in general, but it's different for every combo. For example Madeline Madison wouldn't be very good because they are similar names. Madison Marie however doesn't sound horrible at all. It all depends on the name. Esther Elizabeth would be pretty or Esther Eleanor. No similar sounds in either combo.

I don't mind when siblings share initials. I'm actually not too stuck up on sib sets (at least not yet anyway). I don't care if they're the same style, theme, whatever. I'm a firm believer in choosing names you like. However, Alexander and Alexandra would be wayyy to close for a sib set. I also wouldn't like to chose two different names that could have the same nickname for example Jackson and Jaqueline both have the potential for Jack/Jackie as nicknames. Andrew/Andrea is another example although a little more obvious because they are spelled very similar. Some more: Olivia/Oliver, Charlotte/Charles, Christina/Christopher, Maxwell/Maxine, Joseph/Joanna (Jo), Jesse/Jessica, Nicole/Nicholas, Patrick/Patricia, etc.
    My views exactly
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett