Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

The Perfect Name

I realized today I might have stumbled upon my perfect name according to my own definitions, even though it wasn't a name I had considered perfect before now. I thought this might make for an interesting topic, what do you define your perfect name to be like and what actually fits your criteria (it becomes more interesting if they are not even your favorite names, or names you hadn't thought of before! Let's expand our lists!).

My criteria:
    -literary/mythical (Shakespearean, theatre, poetic, etc. if it's a character's name, it's already 1000x more times attractive)
    -unpopular or at least not commonly used. I don't mind a well-known name so long as it's not often used or a current pop culture reference. This unfortunately takes Violet off my list, along with many other beloved names of mine.
    -likeable. If I have a negative connotation of the name, or if it has a really unappealing feel, it won't come near my list.
    -vintage, classic quality. Going along with the whole unpopular requirement, I also don't want to make up a name or have it blend in with all the Madisons and Jaydens.
    -simplicity. Nothing too extravagant, long, frilly.

and my perfect name is...CELIA.
    -Shakespearean!
    -in the 700's according to Nameberry! I've only ever met one Celia in my life too.
    -likeable! It has a very sweet feel without being simperingly so like Cecilia or Cecily.
    -vintage, classic. Check, check!
    -simple. It's short and sweet and sturdy. A good middle name will only further strengthen it! Celia Winifred? Celia Artemis? Celia Nightingale?
    ...dreaming of naming my future first cat.

today's favorites: Howl, Sherlock, Scheherazade

(and favorites of the non-pet names: Celia Hermione, Odette, Inigo, Arthur Rooney)