Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sibset beliefs

I am no where near having kids, but here are my naming rules right now...
    No matchy matchy names
    Nothing that rhymes
    No leaving one child's name out of a pattern
    No weirdly spelling one kid's name and not the rest.
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara

It's so interesting to get everyone's opinions! Personally, I don't believe that there are really any names that would sound terrible together (with the exception of rhymes). Basically I think that children grow into their names and in the same way siblings grow into a family.

That's why I can't understand people's stories of seeing their baby the minute after it's born and realizing it didn't "look" like an Alexandra but more like a Piper. I just don't get it cause babies don't look like any name when they come out, they just look like a baby. It's not until they grow into their name that you can't imagine calling them anything else.

Does that make sense to anyone else?
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

My kids names are not a perfect sibset but I think it's because we don't pick children's names as a set, but rather one at a time with a partner. On nameberry individuals can create perfect sets but in real life, years pass between children, favorite names are eliminated by a partner, and even individual taste change.

When I had my 4th I didn't want to use a single-syllable name because I felt that in doing so i'd be boxed into following the theme, but now I wish I had continued that theme. Oh well.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Grace or Lucy
    Future boy: Peter Gregory

Quote Originally Posted by mnmemily15 View Post
    That's why I can't understand people's stories of seeing their baby the minute after it's born and realizing it didn't "look" like an Alexandra but more like a Piper. I just don't get it cause babies don't look like any name when they come out, they just look like a baby. It's not until they grow into their name that you can't imagine calling them anything else.

Does that make sense to anyone else?
    Wait until you carry a baby inside of you for nine months, go through labour, push her out screaming and covered in goo. Wait until they place her on your belly. Wait until she looks at you and then tell me she looks like every other baby.

A "perfect" sibset is of no interest to me. Perfection is boring. I want individuality, but harmony in their names, that they go together but stand apart. As I hope their personalities will.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]