Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sibset beliefs

I don't think it matters. Matchy sets can be nice but so can mixed ones.

I love the names Mira Sorvino picked for her kids: Mattea, Johnny, Holden, and Lucia. The girls are Italian feminissima, the boys are all-American. But it's kinda cool, cause the boys match dad Chris and the girls match mom Mira.

I love it when I see a Benjamin with an Aria, or a Clementine with an Io. It's nice to be surprised.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first!
    If it's a boy: Josiah Walker "Joe"
    If it's a girl: Clementine Marvel
    Avatar: "Dark Robe" by Malcolm Liepke

Ooh. As someone with number 4 due soon we are struggling with finding a name. I do like things to matchy matchy but I am making it hard for myself.
    We have George, Ingrid & Arthur. Firstly they are all royal names - a complete coincidence but why stop there.... Only I can't find any other royal names that tickle my fancy. The. They all have out doorsy meanings ( and we are outdoorsy people). Farmer; natures beauty; bear. Nope. Still can't find one that fits. Ho hum. Looks like ill have to break the mould this time.……

I think sibling names should compliment each other but don't necessarily have to match. For example, Jayden and Josephine are a no in my book. But Jayden and Madison and Josephine and Benedict are fine by me.

They're separate human beings so I don't think their names need to match at all.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Ivy, Maya, Rosabel, Victoria, Alice, Molly, Juliet, Annabel, Sofia.
    Charlie, Arthur, William, Isaac, Noah, Finn, Vincent, Alexander, Zachary, Oscar.

I think it's fine to go with whatever "rules" appeal to you and your partner. Everyone I talk to seems to have different criteria for name choice... be it popularity ranking or country of origin.

For us, we like names that are familiar but not commonly used. We went with 2 syllable names for the first two kids. While I was thinking 2 or 3 syllables, we wound up with another 2 syllable for baby #3. We also like obvious nicknames that we like equally as well as the long version.

Our kiddos are Wesley/Wes, Dexter/Dex, Beatrix/Bea

Others I like that fit the pattern are Frederick/Fred, Sylvia/Sylvie, Leonard/Len, Juniper/June, Dorothy/Dot, Mavis/Mae... some even take it further with a short E sound and 1 syllable nn.

Not sure if we are finished having kids yet so I don't know if we will continue these patterns exactly or not. A lot comes down to a name we can both agree on!

It's funny too how you can plan things a certain way but in real life, the names don't land exactly the way you think. I now know two other Wesley's 3yo and under. So the name took an upswing in popularity several years after we picked it. Love his name and wouldn't change it, but didn't predict that. Also no one can pronouce Beatrix with two syllables. They all want to say Be-a-trix or worse Be-a-trice... Hasn't anyone heard of Beatrix Potter?
    Last edited by jeannette; April 27th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bub4madmum View Post
    Ooh. As someone with number 4 due soon we are struggling with finding a name. I do like things to matchy matchy but I am making it hard for myself.
    We have George, Ingrid & Arthur. Firstly they are all royal names - a complete coincidence but why stop there.... Only I can't find any other royal names that tickle my fancy. The. They all have out doorsy meanings ( and we are outdoorsy people). Farmer; natures beauty; bear. Nope. Still can't find one that fits. Ho hum. Looks like ill have to break the mould this time.……
    Love your name choices! I have always liked Arthur but it clashes with our last name so I couldn't use it. I considered George and Georgia each time. Good luck! I'm sure you'll pick another great name. I too tend to overthink the name thing... but it is fun too.