Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Olivet?

Olivet?

What are everyone's thoughts on the name Olivet? This name has been on my mind a lot lately, I'm just not sure if it's totally usable or not? Also, just to see if there is any issues with this, how to you pronounce it? I just want to make sure that's not a huge issue! Thanks!

I think it's usable, it's a name - it's just not as common as Olive/Olivia/Oliver so it looks a bit unfinished IMO.
    Planning for baby... TTC... Big name lover and will ask a lot of questions about names!

I pronounce it like Olive with -t. And how do you expect people to pronounce it?
    I kinda like Olivet...I don't really know. I like Olivia and Olive but Olivet is a bit different. Looks like someone a bit snobby from France. I don't like the fact it's one letter shy from Oliver, which is a boy name. That may be confusing... Also, what about Oliviana? It's a lovely version of Olivia, also French but seems more feminine and attractive to me.

its pronounced Olive-ETTE

Its definately an unusual Bible name. perfectly wearable on a little girl today. Its elegant and substantial.
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

I think it's gorgeous and I really love it.
    The only thing that holds me back is that it sounds like 'all of it', which I find kinda weird.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin