Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Future Moms

I'm no longer a teenberry, as I turned 20 in March but I definitely want kids. I'm almost done with my second year of college. I'm majoring in psychology (with a minor in Special Populations if possible). I want to be a school psychologist. My uni has a really great school psychology program, so hopefully I'll get in a few years.

The way it's looking now, I have 3 more years of undergrad, then 3 years of the master's program. So I'll be 26 when I'm DONE. Hopefully I'll have somebody at that point, and I'd like to have a baby at 28ish. I'd have a few years of field experience but also be young and have enough energy to work and keep up with a toddler. I'd consider having a second bio kid but it isn't a must.

I would really like to adopt out of the foster care system once my bio kid(s) is out of the terrible toddler stage. I have a feeling I may only want to do the baby thing once. I did the puppy thing once and never again, lol. I love my dog, but his puppy stage was a nightmare. Anyway, there are so many kids in foster care that need permanent homes.
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

I'm Kat, 21 and from the UK. I'm half way through my Midwifery degree which I'm loving and hating in equal measure currently (love working with the women, can't stand writing the essays!). I'm with my lovely partner but we won't be having kids at least until we're graduated and married, if not a bit longer. Until then we're going to settle for a couple of rabbits which we're, hopefully, going to adopt soon
    Name lover

Lilith Vesper - Francesca Lark - Viola Kathryn - Azalea Coralie
    Zachary James - Alexander Michael/Charlie - Tristan George

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/

I'm Olivia, I'm 15 and I'm from a large-ish town in England. I started 'getting into' names when I was about 12, but I always enjoyed picking names for dolls and pets when I was little. I'd like three children when I'm (hopefully a lot!) older, and I'd like to adopt as well.

Nice to meet you all!
    Livia, sixteen. I like art in all its forms.

Top Names:

Tobias Rowan Dmitri | August Finnian Beck
    Saskia Maeve Kerensa | Bryony Saoirse Wren

Crushing on: James "Jem" (♂) Phoebe, Valeska (♀)

Namelist

Jess: I have no desire to work with kids. I love them but I couldn't handle someone else's kid for hours upon hours a day. But my work-study job? I'm in a daycare. I'm majoring in Chemistry with a minor in Criminal Justice however.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    When I turned eighteen my parents booked a dining room at a hotel and invited my whole family and close family friends to have a three course dinner (my best geographical friend came too). I had my hair and make-up done and I got an expensive dress. Funsies

Something like that might work? So your mum still feels there's a 'party' element to it as she can invite lots of family etc but, because everyone's sitting down the focus isn't entirely on you. Of course, you could always go out with your friend afterwards
    I would love to do something like that. Unfortunately so much of my family lives out of state, that that should probably be saved for my graduation/birthday later.

I think it needs to be a bit more casual with probably just my close friends and friends from school.