Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Moms

Quote Originally Posted by joviejane View Post
    Hey anybody got any ideas for birthday parties? Now, that I am in my late teen I really don't really feel like I want to have a party. I am more of a night out with my close friend kinda girl. But my parents want to throw me one. And I understand this with me leaving the house before I know it, and I am sure it will be great. But I think my mom has it in her head that I will have this big party where we invite half my class, when I try my very hardest to avoid situations like that. Any suggestions for parties that are more my speed, but will also be partyish.
    When I turned eighteen my parents booked a dining room at a hotel and invited my whole family and close family friends to have a three course dinner (my best geographical friend came too). I had my hair and make-up done and I got an expensive dress. Funsies

Something like that might work? So your mum still feels there's a 'party' element to it as she can invite lots of family etc but, because everyone's sitting down the focus isn't entirely on you. Of course, you could always go out with your friend afterwards
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I'm Cara (or Shelley, a nn for my middle name, I answer to both!) and I'm 16 years old. I've always loved children, and plan on a job that somehow involves children. I was really passionate about pediatric nutrition for a while, and thought that was what I would do for the rest of my life. Then, I sat down and thought about it and realized that I couldn't imagine myself doing that job and enjoying it. So, I've decided that elementary education is where my heart is at. Teaching is the only thing I can imagine myself doing and loving.

I've always loved names. I named all my dolls and stuffed animals, had well-named imaginary friends, and loved playing "school" with imaginary students I could name. I'd love to someday be a mother. I've always thought 2 of each gender would be fun, or 3 girls and 2 boys.

I noticed quite a few of you talking about how many kids you want and it's one thought I keep obsessing over. I always dream of having two girls and one boy, each being 2-5 years apart as well as becoming a mom when I'm 22 or 23 (when I'm finished with college, at least). But I often doubt myself, thinking I couldn't manage even that or perhaps one or two would be more realistic for me. To be honest, more than three would great but not practical for me.

@violetgrey, I know exactly where you're coming from. Many times, I feel slightly embarrassed at my name browsing hobby and parenting research. I talk about names casually with mom when she goes off talking about a name first but other than that, I have never told her about my nameberry craze. I have told my best friend though! We talk about names every now and then. As for your mother, I agree with the previous posters: Have as many kids as you want, regardless of what your mom says. It your life!
    Danielle • 19 years old • United States

Geraldine · Eleanor · Dorothy · Anne · Beatrice
    William · Edward · James · Ralph · Henry

Well, my name is Maryjane (obviously), I'm 16. I dream of being a professional musician or an author. Ideally, I'd like to be married before I'm 30 and have 3 to 4 children, all girls. But if I didn't have just girls, I wouldn't mind. I really don't know why I want girls only... I don't really want a large family but I don't want to have an only child like I was
    Maryjane Elizabeth

A teenberry author with a healthy obsession of names!
    Casimir Ozias, Mordecai {searching for middle} - Sandrina Noor, Antigone Plum, Cosima Patricia, Desdemona?

I'm curious to know what all our college berries are majoring in (and what our soon-to-be-out-of-high-school-berries are thinking about majoring in as well). From the ones who have listed their major, I seem to be the only one with no desire to work with children so far, haha

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jeremy Shea ~ Nolan Jack ~ Conor Arlo ~ Evan Daniel ~ Samuel Mark
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Maura ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil