Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Moms

Quote Originally Posted by encore View Post
    I'm Erica, and I'm a senior in high school. I'm starting college next year, but my boyfriend, only a year older than me, just started a really great career. He will wait for me to live together, get married, have kids, etc. till whenever I'm ready, but the fact that he is financially ready for a life together makes it so hard for me. Getting my education needs to be the priority, and he is so supportive, but I see how good of a life we can build together. I guess nameberry is a little outlet for me?
    I go through the same thing! I think you're being really wise about wanting to get your education done first though. I just started college this past fall and I am already a sophomore with 35 credits. It seriously flies by and is so worth it. Nameberry is my little outlet to so that I can dream and think about what my life will be like a few years down the road
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmemily15 View Post
    I think it's crazy to have anything less than 4 kids! I am the youngest of 4 and my boyfriend is one of 4. It just makes sense to me I guess. Not to mention his step dad is the middle child of 7 and there is nothing more fun than holidays at his grandparents house with all 7 aunts and uncles. So much craziness ensues!! Oh and I need enough children so that I can use all the names I love hehe.

EVERYONE will expect you to break up, expect you to cheat on each other, tell you bad stories about sailors or marines, and never will they once appreciate what you sacrifice as a girlfriend. But whatever, prove them all wrong cause the whole long distance thing can definitely be done. And tell your boy he needs to get used to phones pretttttty quick! haha but there's also skype/facetime/instant messaging/facebook whatever works best for you guys
    The craziness can be fun but other times its just overwhelming. I'm one of four (technically five). One older half sister, a stillborn twin brother, a younger (by 7 months) half sister and a younger brother. But only my brother and I live together. My younger sister lives about 10 min away with her grandparents. But the two of them is enough to drive anyone batty.

There's one guy at my work who's favorite thing is to tell me how different he's going to be. He thinks any military person will come back and be an angry bitter arse. I don't see Martin being like that. More serious, more disciplined, yes, angry, no.
    I tell him all the time. For the few months he had a cell phone is talk to him nightly for about 10 minutes. I told him he needs to buy a cellphone and something with Face time after he gets out of boot.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Quote Originally Posted by violetgray View Post
    I'm kinda nervous posting here but I figure why not. I'm Violet (not my real name), I live in the U.S and I'm a senior in High School. Up until about a year ago I wanted absolutely nothing to do with children and then suddenly it was like switch flipped in my brain and now I can't wait to have one of my own!

I have a question for anyone who reads this. Lately I've just been obsessed with everything baby. I'm on this site every day looking at names. Sometimes I steal the baby clothes ads out of the catalogs just to look at all the adorable baby things, I swoon over every little baby I see. I know its just hormones and believe me I do not plan on having one any time soon, but I feel like I'm "breaking the rules" being on this site and looking at baby stuff. My mom has always told me never to have kids and she seems to get really awkward whenever I mention anything kid related, whether it be a name I like or how cute someones little baby is. She knows nothing about Nameberry or my name obsession and I feel like if she found out she'd flip! So my question is, am I normal? Is it okay for me, being an 18 year old, to look at names and baby things just to look? What do I tell my mom if she finds out about it? What if I do have a baby one day and she flips on me again? I honestly feel like I'm abnormal because my friends rarely talk about babies, yet when they can have totally casual conversations about baby names with their mothers without their mothers acting all strange and telling them "kids are awful, don't have any. I don't want to be a grandma."

Sorry, I wrote a book. But any advice would be appreciated.
    you are compleatly normal!!! not all 18 year old girls are baby crazy (for lack of a better word) but enough of us are that it's deffinantly not abnormal! My bestfriend and I talk about babies, baby stuff, and names all the time! as far as dealing with your mom, that's tough, I'm sorry. I have no advice really. Does she have a reason for hating kids?

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo"
    Hildemara "Mara" ~ Lucinda "Lucy" ~ Wilhelmina "Lina" ~ Marilla "Millie"

~Strong and Ornery~
    Gideon Boone ~ Matthias Wesley ~ Cadmar Luke "Cade"
    Malcolm "Cal" ~ Simeon ~ Gilbert ~ Alaric "Lark"

I think it's just a matter of who you're around. My mom is always pointing out little kids and being like, "Aren't they adorable?". I don't tell anyone about being on this site either. 1. Yes, you're normal. Just we're all different. Most teens aren't name/baby obsessed, and some are. It's just different, but you're not abnormal. I'm not baby obsessed, I just like names. Love names, sorry. I occasionally casually say the "if you were going to have a kid, what would you name them?" And my friends answer with Jesse for a boy, Claire for a girl. The most boring names, I mean they're ok, but why call you daughter Claire when you could call her, I don't know, Aria. Don't tell your mom yet. Besides, it's your life and YOUR choice whether or not you have kids, not hers. I think right now, she's saying the whole kids are awful thing, is because she's probably scared you're going to get pregnant too young. But I think if she found out (in a few years) that you were pregnant, she would be just as happy and supportive as the next mom. So don't worry about it just yet.
    Haha, sorry for writing a book back to you. @Violetgray

Hey anybody got any ideas for birthday parties? Now, that I am in my late teen I really don't really feel like I want to have a party. I am more of a night out with my close friend kinda girl. But my parents want to throw me one. And I understand this with me leaving the house before I know it, and I am sure it will be great. But I think my mom has it in her head that I will have this big party where we invite half my class, when I try my very hardest to avoid situations like that. Any suggestions for parties that are more my speed, but will also be partyish.