Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Moms

Quote Originally Posted by alliecat View Post

Also, according to everyone I know, me wanting more than four is irrational and crazy. I just can't stand the thought (being an only child myself) having only two or three!
    Oh, I am an only child too! I have always wanted five kids, it just seems like so much fun to me with all those siblings. Hopefully in the future I can find the right man, and the right job so I can financially have my big family.

Quote Originally Posted by alliecat View Post
    Also, according to everyone I know, me wanting more than four is irrational and crazy. I just can't stand the thought (being an only child myself) having only two or three!
    I don't think wanting four is irrational and crazy! Though I've gotten the same reaction when I tell my friends I want 5 or more. It's like wanting a bigger family now days, is just something more people think is insane! I am not an only child though, I have 1 little sister. Having one sibling though, sometimes I think it would be nice to have another sibling for when I'm busy/she's busy you'd just have somewhere there for you. If that makes any sense?
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 20!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324

Ideally I want three kids. Two boys and a girl in the middle with the youngest boy being adopted. OH wants four. He's one of seven so to him 3 kids seems like an empty house. But he remembers when there was four of them as the easiest time to get along with everyone. There was a hand for everyone to hold, you were naturally paired off and there's was normally always someone to play with if one was busy. Plus Martin thinks that adopting two siblings would be nice and give them someone who knows what being adopted is like.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Quote Originally Posted by mnmemily15 View Post
    It's actually a fairly common thing where I'm from because we live in a pretty military connected area. A couple town's over is the "submarine capital of the world" and the biggest US sub base. Anywhooo, Justin has been in the Navy for a little over a year now and it does get hard sometimes. But to be honest, I don't find it entirely difficult. I wish it was different, I wish we were together all the time but I love him. If both people want it to work badly enough, it will work.

Some more concrete advice though: start writing in a journal when he's in boot camp. I kept one by my bed and wrote in it before I went to sleep just so I could feel like I was keeping him informed. He'll probably love to look through it (if you let him) when he gets back just to see what you were up to Also, ya gotta learn how to communicate on the phone. It took us the better half of three months to finally have real phone conversations cause our generation just doesn't talk on phones really. That part was probably the hardest but once you get it, it gets much better.

Seriously if you need any help or tips or advice or just wanna vent about how much it sucks you can talk to me anytime!
    Thanks. I may take you up on that offer. My parents are expecting us to break up because of the distance. We're determined not to.
    I love the idea of writing a journal before falling asleep. I might do that since it will probably be the best thing to actually talking to him.
    Martin despises phones. He doesn't have a house phone or a cell phone. He has a texting app on his iPod and then he still hates using it. I could blather on and on for hours on the phone if I like who I'm talking to though. Lol.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I think it's crazy to have anything less than 4 kids! I am the youngest of 4 and my boyfriend is one of 4. It just makes sense to me I guess. Not to mention his step dad is the middle child of 7 and there is nothing more fun than holidays at his grandparents house with all 7 aunts and uncles. So much craziness ensues!! Oh and I need enough children so that I can use all the names I love hehe.

EVERYONE will expect you to break up, expect you to cheat on each other, tell you bad stories about sailors or marines, and never will they once appreciate what you sacrifice as a girlfriend. But whatever, prove them all wrong cause the whole long distance thing can definitely be done. And tell your boy he needs to get used to phones pretttttty quick! haha but there's also skype/facetime/instant messaging/facebook whatever works best for you guys
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!