Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Moms

Ooh! This is a wonderful idea.
    Well...hey everybody! My name's Amanda. I'm 16 and I'm living in the United States. Definitely not pregnant and several years from getting married, but just one of those girls who's always dreamed about my future children and so I suppose I'm getting a head start and getting their names right!
    I hope you know that if you read this, we're automatically best internet friends now. There's no backing out. Mwahaha. <3

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I feel a lot better about posting here now
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

Quote Originally Posted by violetgray View Post
    I'm kinda nervous posting here but I figure why not. I'm Violet (not my real name), I live in the U.S and I'm a senior in High School. Up until about a year ago I wanted absolutely nothing to do with children and then suddenly it was like switch flipped in my brain and now I can't wait to have one of my own!

I have a question for anyone who reads this. Lately I've just been obsessed with everything baby. I'm on this site every day looking at names. Sometimes I steal the baby clothes ads out of the catalogs just to look at all the adorable baby things, I swoon over every little baby I see. I know its just hormones and believe me I do not plan on having one any time soon, but I feel like I'm "breaking the rules" being on this site and looking at baby stuff. My mom has always told me never to have kids and she seems to get really awkward whenever I mention anything kid related, whether it be a name I like or how cute someones little baby is. She knows nothing about Nameberry or my name obsession and I feel like if she found out she'd flip! So my question is, am I normal? Is it okay for me, being an 18 year old, to look at names and baby things just to look? What do I tell my mom if she finds out about it? What if I do have a baby one day and she flips on me again? I honestly feel like I'm abnormal because my friends rarely talk about babies, yet when they can have totally casual conversations about baby names with their mothers without their mothers acting all strange and telling them "kids are awful, don't have any. I don't want to be a grandma."

Sorry, I wrote a book. But any advice would be appreciated.
    It sounds like you have two different problems here. As for the "obsessed with everything baby", I'm the same age as you but went through this bad about a year ago. Part of it was my being fed up with the teenage years, some was just a subconscious desire to name a real person, and some was me wanting a life with my boyfriend. It just kind of wore off as I became more focused on other things, and it became a more healthy goal I think. Or maybe I just grew up a little. It seems like more of a reality than a fantasy now, and while I still look forward to starting a family someday, I don't always carry that ache that reminds me it's far away anymore.

As for your mom, it could be a personal thing that no one who doesn't know her would understand. But another thought is she's just trying to scare you from having sex? That could be normal for someone your age...

Good luck with everything!
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

I'm Erica, and I'm a senior in high school. I'm starting college next year, but my boyfriend, only a year older than me, just started a really great career. He will wait for me to live together, get married, have kids, etc. till whenever I'm ready, but the fact that he is financially ready for a life together makes it so hard for me. Getting my education needs to be the priority, and he is so supportive, but I see how good of a life we can build together. I guess nameberry is a little outlet for me?
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by heytherepigeon View Post
    I hope you know that if you read this, we're automatically best internet friends now. There's no backing out. Mwahaha. <3
    Alright You seem cool already.