Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Moms

@violetgray: You're not abnormal. In fact up until I started dating OH I hated kids. Not like "oh they're annoying" but a full blown hatred (looooong back story involved). However OH's youngest sister was born about 3 weeks before we got together so I spend a lot of time babysitting the older ones (10-2) and then taking care of Edie (the baby) to realize kids aren't all bad and now I can't wait for my own. In fact I think I've bugged OH about babies 3 times today. If I could get away with buying baby clothes for my future kids I would. I have a problem.
    My mom on the other hand has given me a deadline on when to start having kids and a cut off on when to start. I have to the first one within 5 years (19-24) and have the last one within 8 years (by 27) otherwise I'm too old and she's too old and can't enjoy her grandkids. Little does she know I DO NOT want her around my children at all.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Quote Originally Posted by mnmemily15 View Post
    Ahhh another military girl! My boy is a sailor stationed in DC and his best friend is a marine stationed in North Carolina.

Oh and hi everyone! I'm Emily and I'm almost outta my teens which is weird haha
    I feel like I'm blowing this thread up.
    Hi Emily! It's nice to meet someone my age with a military bf. It doesn't happen around here much; most guys sign the paperwork and the girlfriend leaves.
    How do you guys deal with the distance involved? Lately I've been really (irrationally) worried about it and its starting to bug Martin (OH).
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Hey guys, my name is Cate (my real name! ) and I'm entering 9th grade this year!

Over the past year I have just started becoming obsessed with having children. I can't stop thinking about names, even at school, and I'm always imagining being pregnant or raising a child. I don't know if that makes me weird, especially at my age.. but oh well! I love Nameberry, and I try to contribute almost every day!

Also, according to everyone I know, me wanting more than four is irrational and crazy. I just can't stand the thought (being an only child myself) having only two or three!
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

Quote Originally Posted by thefuturemrsb View Post
    I feel like I'm blowing this thread up.
    Hi Emily! It's nice to meet someone my age with a military bf. It doesn't happen around here much; most guys sign the paperwork and the girlfriend leaves.
    How do you guys deal with the distance involved? Lately I've been really (irrationally) worried about it and its starting to bug Martin (OH).
    It's actually a fairly common thing where I'm from because we live in a pretty military connected area. A couple town's over is the "submarine capital of the world" and the biggest US sub base. Anywhooo, Justin has been in the Navy for a little over a year now and it does get hard sometimes. But to be honest, I don't find it entirely difficult. I wish it was different, I wish we were together all the time but I love him. If both people want it to work badly enough, it will work.

Some more concrete advice though: start writing in a journal when he's in boot camp. I kept one by my bed and wrote in it before I went to sleep just so I could feel like I was keeping him informed. He'll probably love to look through it (if you let him) when he gets back just to see what you were up to Also, ya gotta learn how to communicate on the phone. It took us the better half of three months to finally have real phone conversations cause our generation just doesn't talk on phones really. That part was probably the hardest but once you get it, it gets much better.

Seriously if you need any help or tips or advice or just wanna vent about how much it sucks you can talk to me anytime!
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

Quote Originally Posted by violetgray View Post

I have a question for anyone who reads this. Lately I've just been obsessed with everything baby. I'm on this site every day looking at names. Sometimes I steal the baby clothes ads out of the catalogs just to look at all the adorable baby things, I swoon over every little baby I see. I know its just hormones and believe me I do not plan on having one any time soon, but I feel like I'm "breaking the rules" being on this site and looking at baby stuff. My mom has always told me never to have kids and she seems to get really awkward whenever I mention anything kid related, whether it be a name I like or how cute someones little baby is. She knows nothing about Nameberry or my name obsession and I feel like if she found out she'd flip! So my question is, am I normal? Is it okay for me, being an 18 year old, to look at names and baby things just to look? What do I tell my mom if she finds out about it? What if I do have a baby one day and she flips on me again? I honestly feel like I'm abnormal because my friends rarely talk about babies, yet when they can have totally casual conversations about baby names with their mothers without their mothers acting all strange and telling them "kids are awful, don't have any. I don't want to be a grandma."
    No, I know this is normal. It is our instincts to start to reproduce, and wanting children at anytime in life is human nature. This didn't really affect me until a maybe a year ago. I also became obsessed with anything baby related. Not only was I interestd in names, but I also wanted to learn about raising babies and what they are like. I don't have any younger siblings so I was never really around any babies, so I was very curious. I found myself wandering to the momberries forums and looking through my moms what to expect book and Dr. Spocks baby and child care book. I also don't really tell anyone, because it seems weird. I am just a teenager, not in a relationship, not anywhere near children. At first I was uncomfortable with it, but now I have accepted it. I think its is normal at some point in most peoples life to want to raise children. I have come to that point. I personally disagree with your mother. I love children, and I think adults could actually learn a lot from how they live. If you want children I think you should have them someday. I personally wouldn't tell her about it now, because you don't have to worry about it now. Later you can talk to her about it. And at that point it won't be her decision. You will be grown and it will be your life. I think if she sees that you are happy, it will hopefully make her realize that its what you want.

Anyway, don't think you are breaking the rules, and its normal.