Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln?

Lincoln?

What are your thought's on the name Lincoln? Even if you hate it, please tell me why....be honest
    Thanks
    Gracen x
    Our babies Jack August Hopper, Hugo Thackeray Fox and Emmeline "Milly" Amelia Story were born on the 15th of July 2012. We can't believe how far they have come!
    “I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen” Nicholas Sparks.

I love Lincoln, and it would fit perfectly with Emmeline and Jack!

I think I find it appealing because of the nickname Linc/Link, which is so cool. I've never met a Lincoln either and I have only just realised that people in the UK associate with the place in the UK named Lincoln, the same with Preston but I still like both. However, would probably not use it as a first name because of those places.

When I think of Lincoln, all I recall is Lincoln Burrows from the series Prison Break and he was such a good looking, rugged man so again only a positive image
    Future Little Prince
    Isaac - Solomon - Barnaby - Atticus - Ezekiel - Augustin - River - Jacoby - Castiel - Xavier

Future Little Princess
    Florentina - Matilda - Theodora - Evangeline - Beatrix - Olwen - Jovi - Seraphina - Maeve - Clementine

I like the idea of Lincoln, its history and associations, but find it slightly difficult to say. It also reminds me of the social network Linked In.

Personally, I'd never use it. Being from the US, its association with the former president Abraham Lincoln is horrible for me. I'd never want to name my kids after a president like that.
    Girls - Abigail, Georgianna, Anne, Charlotte, Claire, Genevieve, Annette, Eliza, Felicity, Hannah, Noelle, Eugenie, Grace, Phoebe, Philippa, Cecilia, Cecily, Elizabeth, Hollis, Piper, Lorelei, Vivienne, Paige, Carolina, Isobel, Lucy, Molly, Georgia, Victoria, Naomi

Boys - Bobby Sparklefritz until H can offer suggestions. Ones I like: Rory, Owen, Tyler, Ian, Elliot, Alexander, Ephraim, Levi, Jacob, Reid, Avery, Nathan, Miles, Jasper, Spencer, Toby, Dean, Philip

I'm from the States, too, but I really rather admire Abraham Lincoln. I think the name is great! I prefer the nickname Cole to Linc, but that's personal taste.