Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Thanks! I got the super hero connection wrong but fixed it in my post. LOL

I think it is super fun and spunky. I have a daughter, but I want to be pregnant again. So i've gotten to do it once. It can be hard huh? We had a lot of people not like our daughters name at first too, but it's grown on them. We also go the whole, "naming her what she'll be called" question. LOL People, right? I hadn't considered the 'Al' possibility. A family friend is pretty deaf. He thought my daughter Adelise was Madeline for a while...??? LOL! His name is Alan, so I could see him -choosing- to not hear the H. lol
    Wanting to be pregnant.

I just went back and read the entire thread. You seemed to really like the Claudia DeMerle suggestion. Her nick name could be Dee Dee, or Dia (which is similar to the ultra cute Tia)

Also Claudia and Harold sound very nice together.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

I actually think Hal and Claudia sound awesome together. I adore blade's suggestion of Claudia DeMerle! I just think Claudia is a much more elegant and pretty name than Janet, to be honest.

(And I love, love, love Hal - new name crush!)

Quote Originally Posted by frances322 View Post
    Blade-
    Wow! I was never able to come up with a way to use 'DeMerle' that I liked, and you just did! Thanks so much. I can't make you understand the many combinations and twists I put that name through, trying to make it work, but I never could. I'm so excited to have a wonderful middle name to now put with Claudia. However, I'm not a fan of either nn. I live in the south, and the Bible belt, and people here are fond of shouting, "Lordy, Lordy" when the spirit moves them, and that is what Lottie (or Laudy) reminds me of. However, you explained my problem with Claudia perfectly- Hal does sound too friendly next to it, but it might not matter with such a lovely combination of Claudia DeMerle. Best of all, it would thrill my grandmother to no end. Thanks for your input!
    Happy to help.Honestly, Claudia DeMerle is one of the most striking, memorable, well-balanced names I've seen on name berry for a while.

If nicknames for Claudia are standing in the way, I loved the DeeDee suggestion. There's Lia, Cilla, Callie, and Caddie (like Caddie Woodlawn-- sweet and retro).
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I think you have two awesome options: Claudia DeMerle and Janet Valentine. Perhaps when you meet her, one or the other will be an obvious fit.

I really love that Janet is no longer common, and therefore distinctive, but has that clear simplicity of midcentury names. It is a hard name to mispronounce or misspell, and it is the perfect combo of not-too-plain and not-trying-too-hard. (But here I'm biased, because we recently named our daughter Karen, which is as parallel to Janet as one can imagine.)

Claudia is a classic, and will sound very good with most German last names. It's more formal; I somehow imagine a little person of great dignity with this name.

Both suit Hal to a T.