Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Hansenmommy1618-
    Love the name Delilah and I totally understand the price you paid using it in a small, southern town. So glad you took the chance anyway. Once the initial shock wore off, I bet nobody could imagine her with any other name. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Flick! Your post made me smile.

Littleredone-
    I know. I think about the RHPS too when I think of the name 'Janet.' But, as I have found through experience, once a significant person comes into your life with a certain name, most other distant associations drift away. (Not always, but usually.) Plus, I think that movie works with the retro feeling too.

I think Janet is nice and If you love it, go for it! I think Janette would be a little more fun, french, and modern. But that's my taste. Janet Valentine is sweet. Hearts, love, kisses, chocolate, flowers what isn't to love?

I personally prefer Janet to Claudia. I just don't like the name and if you look Claudia up using the forum search feature you will see some of the reasons I and others don't really like it.

Also, and ... feel free to answer through the private message feature if you want... What are people's reaction to Hal? I love one syllable boy names. ♥ There is a Hal on Falling Skies, and of course Hal Jordan is the comic book hero Green Lantern. I like those connections. I've never met one in real life though. I've been thinking about putting Hal on my own boy list.
    Last edited by ninanoo; April 25th, 2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

Let me see...we have gotten a mixed reaction from using 'Hal,' as is the case with most name decisions. Some people love it, but don't like Harold. Other people can't understand why we would mess up a perfectly good name like Harold with an unfortunate nn like Hal. Then you have the whole debate about whether you should name a child what you plan to call them or not. Overall, we have been very happy with our choice. It is an easy to pronounce name, so an added benefit has been his two-year-old friends can actually say it. On the downside, people who can't hear very well always think we named him 'Al' and we have to really enunciate the H sound so they can understand us. But I have to say it fits our child perfectly. Spunky, but not too flashy. Solid, but not boring. Very friendly and easily approachable. Selecting the name is one of the best parts of being pregnant. I hope you get to enjoy the name-game journey one day too! Thanks so much for your post.

I think Nell and Hal sound really cute together. I like Janette with the nn Nettie or Nell.