Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I really think the responses were very tame. The posts have been edited to sound nicer and it was the original wording that alarmed me a little bit. I feel very protective of little ones so I was hoping for a little clarification that the intentions were good. Glad all is well.

Anyway, the way genetics play out is very difficult to really predict and siblings can vary greatly from each other too but it is fun to see what children end up looking like. -And how that same child will change. I remember being so excited to meet my little boy and snuggle him and memorize his little fingers and toes but that little dark haired baby is now a blond toddler. Sometimes it strikes me that I still don't know exactly what he'll look like, I have a rough idea but it will be so cool to see him grow and see what will stay the same (his bright blue eyes?) and what will change (will his hair get curly??).
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

There's really no way to know for sure. One of my parents' friends (a blond-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned woman) has two daughters. The girls' father has brown hair and a tan skin tone. One daughter looks just like mom, and the other daughter looks like Jordin Sparks. After she was born both parents did some digging and found out that one of dad's great-grandfathers was black. It just goes to show that you never know what you're going to get.

Don't you receive genes from up to five generations back? Can anymore more genetics savvy confirm or deny that?
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    I think people are waaaaay too quick to infer racism nowadays. If she had said, "I'm olive skinned and my grandpa is pale and I hope there's some of my olive skin in there," nobody would have blinked.

Leona, in answer to your question it's impossible to know in advance. My mom is a pale white lady. My dad is a dark white dude. (Each of his maternal grandparents were half American Indian.) I turned out... paler than my mom! :-) So who knows? The mystery is part of the fun.

Blade - those are some pretty awesome twins.
    I am not one to jump to racism at all. Her questions and comments have been worded very strangely and it didn't make sense. I read it the first time as "Will my children have olive skin? Please help!" as if there was some kind of emergency if that were to happen. Not to mention the OP has had other threads concerning skin color/tanning, etc. If this were her first thread about the issue, I wouldn't of assumed something fishy. Reading back over her comments, I just get an immaturity/juvenile vibe. No racism.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I don't think the OP was being racist AT ALL! Honestly, the thought never occurred to me. Really, there's no way of knowing what type of skin tone your children will have. They may be olive skinned or they may be very pale. Same with eye colour, hair colour, etc. You can guess what's more likely, but, in the end, you can't predict for sure. On another note, many of your posts seem to be focused on appearance, which is probably why a few people made comments (that's if you the name poster "leona" who started those previous threads. If not, then don't worry! There may have been some confusion).
    Last edited by sarahmezz; April 26th, 2013 at 01:42 AM.
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Albert - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Referring to the genetics thing, you honestly can never tell. I know twins who are biracial, their mom is very White and redheaded and their dad was a very dark skinned Black man. One sister has dark brown hair but looks totally Caucasian, and the other sister is very dark skinned and has kinky natural hair. No one ever believes they are sisters, let alone twins!

My husband is half Navajo but looks Hispanic to most people, and sometimes I think people assume Rowan is not his or something which irks me a little bit. Somehow she has porcelain white skin, bright green eyes, and auburn hair, even with my husband being very dark and I have olive skin and dark hair/eyes.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.