Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Do you know what your children might look like/will there be more boy's or girls?

Based on your and your partner's gene's. (So this is if you have a boyfriend or husband.) Also is there a history of multiples in you family? Would you be happy if you ended up with either all/mostly girls or boys? Personally i want more girls.

BQ. Also do you think that if i married a fair skinned man that my baby might have olive skin? because my father has olive skin but all his children have blue eyes and fair skin.
    Last edited by leona23; April 25th, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Excludes my top 7 girls and top 7 boys names.

girls reserve list - Lucia(loo-see-a) - Orla -Kitty (katherine) - Iris - Celia - Ilona(ee-low-na)

boys RL - Caspar - Tristan - Rowan - Charles (not charlie)

Note: Official names in brackets and they are just that 'official'.

Ok i'll just do one myself.....

Well my boyfriend has green eyes, me blue, there's various shades of brown hair in our family's and he has two brother's. But most of all there are no major health problem's on either side that i know of!!!! yah!
    Excludes my top 7 girls and top 7 boys names.

girls reserve list - Lucia(loo-see-a) - Orla -Kitty (katherine) - Iris - Celia - Ilona(ee-low-na)

boys RL - Caspar - Tristan - Rowan - Charles (not charlie)

Note: Official names in brackets and they are just that 'official'.

My children with my OH will most likely have blue eyes. I have very dark blue eyes and he has light blue/grey eyes. I say mostly because genetics are weird. With nearsightedness being a dominant trait my children will most likely need glasses despite their father's 19/20 vision. Theoretically their hair would be curly like mine but it could be straight like OH's.
    Hair color I have no idea. OH is a brunette, his mom is blonde and his father a redhead and all of his siblings are blonde or strawberry blonde. My hair started out extremely blonde and is becoming brown. My mother has auburn hair and my dad's hair did the blonde to brown like mine. So theoretically there's a 0-25% chance of them having red hair, a 25-50% chance of them being blonde and a 50% chance of them having brown hair.
    There's a website called morphthing.com that allows you to upload photos and see what the child of those two people could look like.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I have a rough idea of what our future kiddos will look like based on our daughter. She has greeny-brown eyes (it depends on the day, lately they look more brown than green) and light blonde wavy hair. It was curly as a baby but it has lost its natural curl over time, so now its merely a wavy kink compared to the ringlets she once had.
    She has reasonably sallow skin, and tans very well in the sun without burning. She has a few light freckles on her temples and across her nose. She inherited my one dimple (sorry kid) which I think looks awful on me but endearing on her.
    Also from me, she got my height and build. She's short and petite.

I have twin cousins on my mom's side but there are no multiples as far as I know on my DH's side. I think twins would be sweet, but a lot of hard work, so while I would be thrilled if I had twins in the future, I'm not desperate enough to have a multiple pregnancy that I'd get IVF or anything. I would prefer to have singletons, for selfish reasons such as cost, a more difficult pregnancy, twice as much work when they are small, juggling two babies etc. but if I did ever naturally have twins I would be thrilled.

As for genders I don't have any bias towards boys or girls, and while I'd like to experience parenting both boys and girls I wouldn't be disappointed to end up with all boys or all girls.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Ivy, Maya, Rosabel, Victoria, Alice, Molly, Juliet, Annabel, Sofia.
    Charlie, Arthur, William, Isaac, Noah, Finn, Vincent, Alexander, Zachary, Oscar.

I have no idea. Mainly because I'm a teenager, and I don't have a boyfriend. I'm not sure what my kids would look like, but I could possibly make a guess at whether I'd have more boys than girls, or vice versa. My mom has 2 sisters and no brothers, and my dad has 1 brothers and no sisters, and I have 2 brothers and no sisters. My mom's dad had 2 brothers and 1 sisters, and my mom's mom had 2 sisters, no brothers. My dad's dad had 1 sister, and my dad's mom had all brothers. So, I'm assuming I'd have more boys, which is what I want. I probably wouldn't have all boys, though. There are no twins in my family, which I don't like, because I want twins. lol
    Last edited by mge28; April 25th, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.