Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I have one boy and am expecting another, ideally I will also have a girl at some point.

Leo has blue eyes and blond hair (with a reddish tinge when the sun glints off it at a certain angle), although it appears to be going a darker blond as my own did as a toddler. I started off blond and was a dark brunette by the time I was 4, although as an adult I seem to have a few strands of each colour! Some are Darker brown, others lighter, some definitely copper, the ones bleached by the sun can be quite blonde, and there are also a few pesky greys trying their luck (quickly plucked!). My eyes are dark blue.
    My partner was a platinum blond child, whose hair is now a dark blond, he also has blue eyes, although his are lighter than mine and Leo's.

I think I'll assume that future children will also have blue eyes and be blonde, maybe going darker as they grow up. I'd love for some recessive genes to make a breakthrough as there are quite a mix of colourings on both my partners side and my own.

His Family
    Mum, blonde & blue eyed. Dad, Dark & blue eyed. Uncle, Dark & hazel eyed x2, Aunts, Blonde & Blue eyes. Unsure about his grandparents. All go lovely golden brown when they tan. No curls.

My Family
    Grandma, Dark hair & hazel eyes. Mum, Dark hair & green eyes. Aunt, light brown hair & blue eyes. Uncle, Light brown hair & hazel eyes. Nana, Auburn hair & blue eyes. Poppa, Dark hair & brown eyes. Mixed bag of skin tones, including traditional Scottish (look at the sun and instantly burn) as well as those who have a nice golden tan. A few rogue curly haired individuals in the bunch.
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Ché l Omri l Fern l Celia l Orla

I'm going to be extremely surprised if my biological children don't have curly hair. My hair is super curly; wavy-haired children I could understand, but if I produce a straight-haired child I will be flabbergasted. As far as hair color goes, I can expect brown, blond, or red. (I'm going to be thrilled if I get a redhead.) Eye color could be anything. I have a darker skin tone like my mom, but my dad and sister are both fair-skinned. It's almost impossible to predict without a husband to contribute to the genetic mix.

I've always imagined my first son with blond curly hair, green eyes, and a skin tone slightly lighter than mine. We'll see how that pans out.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

It's hard to know what my kids will look like. Blue eyes are a strong possibility though. My sibs and I all have some variation on my mother's eyes, the aforementioned blue/green/grey. She doesn't have the gold ring, but I do and my second brother does as well (I've always loved his eyes, they're striated and each layer of color is so intense...they look like fireworks. But I digress...) Mine are the most similar to my mom's, excepting the ring. I've been told I have wolf eyes. My first brother has eyes that are more of a subdued, slate blue, and my sister's are so deeply richly indigo blue that the whites of them are a milky blue color! Then you have my husband and his sibs, who all have the same bold stormy blue grey eyes. My dad's eyes are amber, green, and red, but those are the only non-blue eyes in our two families. My husband, his parents, his grandparents, and his sibs all wear glasses. I have 20/20 vision, and non of my sibs need glasses or contacts, and my parents only need reading glasses. I'm hoping our kids get my vision, not Hubby's. He's blind as a bat!

We both have fairly pale skin and no freckles. We're both of a similar height, although I'm quite tall for a girl and have been since 7th grade. As for hair, I have two dark blonde siblings and one brunette. I'm brunette myself, although my hair was white-blonde at birth and I dye it red now My brunette brother had extremely dark hair at birth...he's the only one who lightened up over the years. My parents are both very darkly brunette. My husband and his siblings all have his mother's hair, which she clearly gets from her mother. It's extremely thick, sandy brown, and wildly curly. I selfishly would love to have a little curly haired daughter, as I wanted curls all my life and my hair wouldn't curl if I stuck my finger in an electric socket! My dad's hair is wavy and my sister had ringlets as a baby but the rest of us are stick straight.

There a few distant cases of twins on my mom's side. My husband and I are both in sibsets equally split between boys and girls, so I imagine we'll have a few of each. I don't anticipate multiples. I've always felt my oldest will be a boy, but that's a spiritual conviction, not genetics :-P

Personality-wise, my husband and I are a geeky black sheep match made in heaven. Neither one of us "belong" in our traditional families. While on the one hand we expect to have children that are as offbeat, cerebral, and eclectic as we are, on the other hand I just know the universe is so going to send us a preppy blonde cheerleader. >_> Whoever they are, they will likely be the proverbial immovable object, because the only person in the world who can out-stubborn me is my husband!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    My family albums resemble ottilie's boyfriend's: Blondapalooza. We're all extremely fair, tow-headed and blue-eyed, though a few of us come in strawberry blond flavors.

So when I married a swarthy Arab (heh heh heh), whose family all have dark curls, olive skin and dark eyes stretching back millennia (unless there was a Crusader in the woodpile or something), we expected a little one with medium brown hair, dark eyes, and an intermediate skin tone.

Instead we got this milk-white little ginger with grey eyes. I think it's honestly a genetic fluke; I expect #2 to be as described above.
    Haha! I totally feel the same way about our next child. I'm positive the next one will have black hair and dark skin like my husband. We are still pretty surprised Rowan turned out the way she did.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I'm only having 2 children, but I feel like I'm going to have another girl. I just don't see a boy in my future. A boy would be cool though, mostly because it would be easier to name him, but having another girl just seems easier to me. I can reuse all of Rowan's hand me down's, carseats, strollers, etc. I would be happy either way. If we ever had a third child (definitely not likely) I wouldn't mind yet another girl. If our second is a girl, I'm going to start questioning whether my husband has that chromosomal abnormality where he can only produce female offspring (he has a 15 year old daughter from another relationship.)
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.