Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeacelove View Post
    I like it. I'd love to meet a little boy named Casey.
    Absolutely!
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I have a cousin in his 30s named Casey. It is nms, but I definitely think of it as a boy name. They only girls I have known have spelled it differently: Kaycee.
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

I think Casey is a great name for a boy! It's slightly more common for boys (when you add up the various spellings common on girls it's pretty close). As for gender confusion, I think with the near-even gender ratio people may sometimes question but chances are completely wrong assumptions won't be as common as if you went with something like Ashley.

I think Casey can go either way. I know a few Casey s of each gender so if I saw it on paper, I wouldn't automatically jump to male or female.
    August Calvin Clayton Daniel Dexter Dominic Felix Frederic Graham Isaac Maxwell Nicholas Oscar Oswald Raphael Reuben Sebastian Thomas Wallace

Aurelia Avery Beatrix Bridget Clara Daniela Emilia Grace Greta Isobel Joanna Juniper Kate Lillian Lucille Marina Ramona Sofia Sidonia Sylvia Violet

I love the name Casey. It makes me think of the children's baseball poem "Casey at the bat" by Ernest Thayer. The protagonist in that poem is a big burly athlete, so the name seems male-gendered to me.