Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Quick while my SO is still in on the naming obsession!!

So outta nowhereeeee, my boyfriend texts me saying "babe..I think I found a name I like for a boy.." I was so suprised he even thought of these things without me pestering him about different names.

The name was Garrison. Now I don't hate it, however, I do NOT like Gary which is the nn he'd probably get. He said he liked that it was manly and had military ties (he's in the navy), so I am trying to come up with other names that fit that style.
    So far I suggested:
    Hudson
    Greyson
    Hunter
    Knox
    Scout
    Zachary
    Griffin
    Evan
    Sullivan

The only one he really said maybe to was Evan Help!?

Garrison is nice. I have a cousin Jarrison, and I know it is not real, but I can't help but like how that sounds.

I enjoy lots of names from you list.

Random suggestion, this is a link to the Library of Congress veterans list. It would be cute to look through this list with your boyfriend and see if you guys like any of the names. That way it has a military tie, and there are so many to look at from different times.
    http://www.loc.gov/vets/

Someone else on the forums in considering Gareth. I think that's a good name to consider if he likes the Gar- beginning. Or maybe he just likes the -on/-an endings. Maybe try some other names with this ending that you also like and see if he goes for any of those? (I've noticed my DH only suggests names with -on/-an endings......)

Well, you could do a pre-emptive strike and come up with your own nickname for Garrison - Ari? Ron?

Or how about:
    Gunner (if he was Marines, you could use the nn Gunny!)
    Nelson
    Perry
    Everett (a naval air station I think)
    Sailor (girl?)

Thanks for the suggestions! We both like Evan (I like Evander but he won't go for it).. another name on our list is Jack. I can't figure out his naming style at all. It's like classic, strong names but he always has a weird association with them. He's said no to Neil, Paul, Leo, Theo, Alexander, and pretty much any other name I suggest. Ughhh lucky we have a longgg time to go!