Names Searched Right Now:

Exclamation Help Naming My Eastern European Character

I need help naming a book character. She is in her mid thirties and has two children (a boy and a girl who will also need names). The setting is during the early 1970s. Her parents are from Eastern Europe and her name should be related to a name from the New Testament. She is very proud and thinks of herself as a underdog. Thanks in advance.

I don't know about biblical, but here's some Eastern European names:

Oksana
    Natalia
    Anastasia
    Marta
    Alina
    Claudia
    Joanna
    Svetka
    Liza
    Magda
    Marya
    Sasha
    Reka

What's she look like? Personality?
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

She has a small frame and a delicate figure. She has light hair and blue-grey eyes. She is a about average height. Her husband is also Eastern European as well as biblical so names for him would be helpful, I was thinking Paul originally. For their names I think it is less important that their names be Eastern European than be biblical. The woman is also very girly and loves to shop.

"Eastern European" is a bit broad. It might help to be much more specific - is the character Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Romanian? All of these countries have completely different languages, cultures, and naming practises (for instance, the name "Paul" isn't used in any of these countries - it should be Pavel, Pál, or Pawel).

A nice tip would be to go to Wikipedia and look up people from the nationality you want who were born in the 1970's. That way your character would have a realistic name.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Magdalena - Biblical and works across multiple European countries. It's fairly traditional in many of them, and often times, a full name would be Maria Magdalena, if she comes from a religious family. Nicknames would be tied to specific cultures of Eastern Europe, but might include Madga, Lena, Lenka. However, she could choose the more English sounding Maggie as well.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell