Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Maybe Bernadette? Possibly even Bridget? I think Elizabeth and Beatrix are adorable ways to get to Betty though

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsfan01 View Post
    Maybe Bernadette? Possibly even Bridget? I think Elizabeth and Beatrix are adorable ways to get to Betty though
    Bernadette and Bridget are great ideas! Thanks! I do love Elizabeth, but I worry about the popularity. There is an Elizabeth in my son's Sunday School class, but she is exclusively called Libby. There is so much I love about Beatrice, too. I do wonder if it would be work to get Betty to stick as the nickname, though.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas and Annabel Hope
    <>
    TTC #3 Violet Kristine or Owen Christopher

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    Quote Originally Posted by dillonsfan01 View Post
    I've been crushing on Bernadette lately, but I hate Bernie. I never thought of Betty as an option. I love it!

Beatrice is really a great name, if you can talk your hubs into it. Maybe he just needs to sit with it a while. The next time you bring it up- he might decide he loves it.

Do you like Isabette or Isabetta? Or just Bette? It worked for Bette Davis.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I love Beatrice and Elizabeth.

More ideas:
    Benedicte / Benedicta / Benedita
    Bethel
    Alberta / Albertine
    Liberty
    Bertrand -bertie-, Wilfred, Léon, Axel, Cuthbert -cubby-, Maxentius, Aubrey, Phoebus, John-Henry.
    Émilienne, Livia, Annabella -abbey-, Maud, Rosamund, Kimborough, Clemency, Elizabeth-Charlotte.

I like Beatrice, Beatrix slightly less but still a lot (Trixie scares the bejesus out of me, but Betty is so much better it might save it...) and Betony, which is a flower hardly anyone uses as a name, and Betula, which is the horticultural Latin for birch trees and thus give me an image of a slim, pale-trunked woodland grove.