Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face A few questions about Seraphina...

Okay I have a few quick questions...

Do you think Seraphina and Selena sound too similar? To the point where it would be weird or like you were "copying".

What do you think about Seraphina??? I know everyone gets different vibes from names, but to me Seraphina feels--
    girly/frilly/princessy, classy/royal, whimsical, a little magical, celestial, and I love the connection the name has to angels.

I know Seraphina is pretty popular on this website, but how popular do you think it actually is in real life?

I'm from the USA by the way.
    nineteen & renaming myself soon

I really like Seraphina. To me, it feels like an exquisitely danced performance of Swan Lake. Delicate and ethereal, but with real fire inside.

I would only find it odd if we were talking about sisters named Selena and Seraphina, and then only slightly so. There are similar sounds, but they are two distinct names with their own histories. Plus, they have entirely different feels, at least in my opinion.

As for popularity, it isn't at all. Seraphina has never charted in the top 1,000 in the US.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>

Quote Originally Posted by krismichelle View Post
    I really like Seraphina. To me, it feels like an exquisitely danced performance of Swan Lake. Delicate and ethereal, but with real fire inside.

I would only find it odd if we were talking about sisters named Selena and Seraphina, and then only slightly so. There are similar sounds, but they are two distinct names with their own histories. Plus, they have entirely different feels, at least in my opinion.

As for popularity, it isn't at all. Seraphina has never charted in the top 1,000 in the US.
    That's such a creative description! Made me like the name even more! Thanks for the reply.
    nineteen & renaming myself soon

Seraphina is not popular in real life. I do think it sounds too similar to Selena for a sibset for sure.
    It is a bit frilly, but i'm sure if people were to hear it out in the world they would probably say "wow, how beautiful" It just has that ring to it, which is likely why so many berries tend to gravitate towards it.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

I have met a young lady named Sarafina, and it works fine. I prefer Seraphina though for the spelling. Seraphina is very beautiful and I think it will work well in the USA.