Results 1 to 5 of 41
April 24th, 2013 05:44 PM #1
5 questions maybe you can answer...
Thanks in advance for your input!
1. How hipster is Matilda? Seriously? I didn't like it for the longest, and then I read part of a book about William the Conqueror's wife Matilda and now I think it's all historical and powerful and I like the nn Milla and my husband actually digs it. But I'm afraid it's just so my-daddy-has-a-beard-and-we-live-in-Austin. WDYT? Honestly? And do u like Milla as a nn?
2. Do you see Beatrice getting quite popular? As in top 100 popular?
3. What do you think of Isadora? What nicknames do you like, besides Dora?
4. I like Elsa pronounced ELL-zuh. I know in the US people will say ELL-suh. What do you think of spelling it Elza? Does that make it seem made-up and gross? (I've given up on Melisende pronounced mel-ee-ZEN-duh but I sometimes make my husband say it with a German accent and sigh.)
5. What do you think of the nicknames Vera and Via for Veronica? Which do you like better and why?
Trying for our first.
Boy Combos: Jack Gabriel Walker & Jonah Michael Whittaker
David . Alexander (Andy) . Xavier . Abel . Edgar . Apollo . Thomas . Harry . Walter . Frederick
Girl Combos: Clementine ??? . Margot Jillian . Diana Elizabeth
Gemma . Beatrice . Vesper . Stella . Claire . Rose . Sibyl . Rosemary . Winter . Georgia . Grace . Judith . Corinne
Avatar: Sarah Connor kicks ass.
April 24th, 2013 05:52 PM #3Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
- Ontario, Canada :-)
1. I don't think it's hipster at all! It's very popular in England it seems, and I think that shows it has a fair amount of class! I like Milla as a nickname for it, I much prefer that to Tilly or Millie.
2. I'm not sure on this one, I do know a few Beatrice's, they're all around my age (14-18), but I think perhaps Beatrice Miller off of X Factor USA might cause it to spike in popularity.
3. I like it :-) I don't like Dora at all though, Isadora could become Isa or Sadie though
4. I'm not crazy about Elza, I think Elsa is fine as it is, and I'm Canadian, but live near the NY border, and on first instinct, I said Ell-zuh, so depends on what state you're from really.
5. I like Via better, my mum and I watch a soap opera from England together called Coronation Street, and one character, who I really, truly loathed, was named Vera (she's since been killed off, I danced around the room....yeah). It reminds me of her, and she was a cranky, rude old lady. Via on the other hand is cute! I have a friend who's middle name is Veronica, she's considered going by that rather than Elizabeth (her first name) and she's considered Nicki as well
Hope this helped!17. name lover. hoping to have kids of my own one day.
Lucie Olivia|Audrey Nicole|Bryony Elise|Elsie Rose|Sienna Louise|Felicity Noelle|Clara Danielle|Evangeline Claire|Liliana Kate|Larissa Maeve|Fallon Rosalie|Tessa Violet
Joshua Thomas|Cameron Patrick|Bryson Andrew|Brogan Oliver|Anthony Joel|Jamie William|Adam Michael|Landon Christopher|Dylan Robert|Charlie James
April 24th, 2013 05:55 PM #5
Matilda makes me think of the book and the movie and I absolutely adore both. I also have a strange fascination with Danny DeVito but that's a story for another time. I don't think it's hipster and Milla is adorable.
If Beatrice goes from 707 to top 100 she would be the awesomeest name ever. Higher than the 700s? Yes. Top 100 I don't think so.
I like Isadora in theory but she was a particularly evil villain in a telenovela I was watching so the name is ruined for me. For other people though, quite lovely alternative to the mega popular Isabelle. I would nn an Isadora, Issa, Issi, Sora...
I don't mind Elza. Know a little old lady and a 6yo Elza. With the Z. The little one goes by Ezzie. Swoon.
Vera and Via are darling for Veronica. I like Vera only because a "via" is like a lane or street in Spanish.My Zoe ... My life
April 24th, 2013 06:07 PM #7
Corrie in Canada!
1. Matilda is climbing the ranks I think so it technically can't be 'hipster' any more. It's no longer 'so obscure/uncool that it's cool' (like say... Vladimir) it's too 'mainstream'. I like Matty as a nickname, not a fan of Milla.
2. Beatrice is about as popular as Matilda I think.
3. I like Isadora. I'd go for Sadie or Dory.
4. I prefer soft 's' Elsa.
5. I prefer Vero for Veronica or Ronny.~Boys~
Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.
Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.
Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.
April 24th, 2013 06:14 PM #9
haleyalannahxo - Thanks for yr answers, and I never thought of Sadie for Isadora but I think it could work. :-)
dindlee - I kinda like Sora for Isadora, too, and I hadn't thought of that either. I also think Ezzie for Elza is very cute. Thanks!
renrose - For some reason Ronny is very unappealing to me. I can't put my finger on why, tho. Thanks for yr answers! I will have to mull over Vero. I feel like it might be kind of awkward to say but it may be my imagination. I might need to say it out loud a few times. :-) Also - I see Aira in your signature. I looked it up but there's no info on Nameberry. Will you tell me more? I love vowel names for girls.