Results 11 to 15 of 41
April 24th, 2013 06:42 PM #11
1. I don't believe Matilda is hipster since it is becoming more popular.
2. I don't believe Beatrice will be in the top 100 anytime soon.
3. I like Isadora, it has a regal feel to it. I am bad at coming up with nn, I would use Isa or izzy.
4. I think Elza looks fine. It doesn't seem made up to me.
5. I love Vera as a nn for Veronica.Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages
Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett
April 24th, 2013 06:58 PM #13Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
1. I really like Mathilda--it reminds me of the movie, which I find utterly charming. I'm not so keen on Milla, though. I prefer Tilly/Tilda.
2. Maybe not top 100's, but I definitely see it rising.
3. Isadora is a nice name--I prefer it to Isabelle or the likes. I like the suggestions of Sora *swoon*, Sadie, & Isa. Dora will always be Dora the Explorer.
4. Elza doesn't look made up. Have you considered Eliza, though?
5. I like Veronica nn Vera or Vero.
Last edited by teagardens; April 24th, 2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling!19 year old name lover with impeccable taste (◡‿◡✿)
April 24th, 2013 07:13 PM #15
Last edited by renrose; April 24th, 2013 at 07:16 PM.~Boys~
Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.
Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.
Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.
April 24th, 2013 07:16 PM #17
1. Matilda makes me think of the movie Matilda. I used to be in love with that movie! I didn't like the name Matilda but it's been growing on me lately. I prefer the nickname Tilly/Tillie but Milla is cute too.
2. Beatrice is talked about a lot on name websites, but I don't know how much people actually like the name in real life. It may rise at little.
3. Isadora isn't my favorite but I think it's cute! I like the nicknames Izzy and Dora.
4. I automatically say Elsa as "El-sah". I think if you like Elza then use it because you might avoid confusion. It doesn't look "made up".
5. I prefer the nn Vera for Veronica. I just prefer the way it looks and sounds. Via is cute too though. I also like Vero.
Hope this helps!♥ nineteen & renaming myself soon ♥
April 24th, 2013 07:31 PM #19Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
I do think that Matilda is a hipster name, yes. But its one that the hipsters have moved on from, I think. Unless you are a hipster in denial, that is not a big deal. If you are a hipster, then you will need to find an obscure-teetering-on-the-edge-of-ugly sort of name that no one else has thought to use yet. I suggest Bertha, if you are going this route. If you aren't, then you can feel free to use Matilda, b.c it is a very lovely name and Milla is a great n.n for it. Don't let the hipsters ruin things!
I don't see Beatrice rising to the top 100. I think it's more of a name-lover's name. I really doubt it'll be the new Isabelle or anything.
I really like Isadora and I like Isa and Sadie as n.n. I also like Io.
I say El-suh when I see Elsa. But at least according to this website, Elza is an actual Hebrew name, meaning "God is my joy" and distinct from Elsa, which is listed as a diminutive of Elizabeth. I don't know how accurate this is, but there you are.
I like Vera and Vero for Veronica. I also like Nico. I share your dislike of Ronnie.