Results 11 to 15 of 41
April 24th, 2013 06:42 PM #11
1. I don't believe Matilda is hipster since it is becoming more popular.
2. I don't believe Beatrice will be in the top 100 anytime soon.
3. I like Isadora, it has a regal feel to it. I am bad at coming up with nn, I would use Isa or izzy.
4. I think Elza looks fine. It doesn't seem made up to me.
5. I love Vera as a nn for Veronica.Raquel-22 year old who loves names, books, and languages
Ladies: Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Rose Caroline, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter, Marina Adelaide, Emmeline Margot, Alice Primrose,Annabel Frances
Gentlemen: Frederick Arthur, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett, Edmund Tobias, Asher Benjamin, and James Raphael
April 24th, 2013 06:58 PM #13Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
1. I really like Mathilda--it reminds me of the movie, which I find utterly charming. I'm not so keen on Milla, though. I prefer Tilly/Tilda.
2. Maybe not top 100's, but I definitely see it rising.
3. Isadora is a nice name--I prefer it to Isabelle or the likes. I like the suggestions of Sora *swoon*, Sadie, & Isa. Dora will always be Dora the Explorer.
4. Elza doesn't look made up. Have you considered Eliza, though?
5. I like Veronica nn Vera or Vero.
Last edited by teagardens; April 24th, 2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling!19 year old name lover with impeccable taste (◡‿◡✿)
April 24th, 2013 07:13 PM #15
Last edited by renrose; April 24th, 2013 at 07:16 PM.~Boys~
★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Magnus ★ Vasiliy ★
★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★
Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.
April 24th, 2013 07:16 PM #17
1. Matilda makes me think of the movie Matilda. I used to be in love with that movie! I didn't like the name Matilda but it's been growing on me lately. I prefer the nickname Tilly/Tillie but Milla is cute too.
2. Beatrice is talked about a lot on name websites, but I don't know how much people actually like the name in real life. It may rise at little.
3. Isadora isn't my favorite but I think it's cute! I like the nicknames Izzy and Dora.
4. I automatically say Elsa as "El-sah". I think if you like Elza then use it because you might avoid confusion. It doesn't look "made up".
5. I prefer the nn Vera for Veronica. I just prefer the way it looks and sounds. Via is cute too though. I also like Vero.
Hope this helps!♥ nineteen & renaming myself soon ♥
April 24th, 2013 07:31 PM #19Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
I do think that Matilda is a hipster name, yes. But its one that the hipsters have moved on from, I think. Unless you are a hipster in denial, that is not a big deal. If you are a hipster, then you will need to find an obscure-teetering-on-the-edge-of-ugly sort of name that no one else has thought to use yet. I suggest Bertha, if you are going this route. If you aren't, then you can feel free to use Matilda, b.c it is a very lovely name and Milla is a great n.n for it. Don't let the hipsters ruin things!
I don't see Beatrice rising to the top 100. I think it's more of a name-lover's name. I really doubt it'll be the new Isabelle or anything.
I really like Isadora and I like Isa and Sadie as n.n. I also like Io.
I say El-suh when I see Elsa. But at least according to this website, Elza is an actual Hebrew name, meaning "God is my joy" and distinct from Elsa, which is listed as a diminutive of Elizabeth. I don't know how accurate this is, but there you are.
I like Vera and Vero for Veronica. I also like Nico. I share your dislike of Ronnie.