Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    1. I like Matilda and really like Milla, as well as Millie. I don't know if it's hipster or not, as I'm still not 100% sure I know how to identify hipsters. :-)

2. I can see Beatrice continuing to rise in popularity, but not to super-high levels. It's already in or close to the top 100 in Canada, but I'm not sure we're trendsetters...

3. I like Isadora. Dora is a sweet nn, and I like Isa as well (pn EE-sa).

4. Elza seems wacky to me. It feels like itshould be short for Demelza or something, whereas Elsa is a standalone name. I don't hear a huge difference between ELL-zuh and ELL-suh, though it may be my accent.

5. I prefer Vera and like Renrose, I love Vero. Via is kind of cute, though if it was written down, I wouldn't know whether to say VEE-ah or VIE-ah (like the word).

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Wow! Did not know they showed Corrie in Canada!
    Haha, Corrie is actually quite popular around here. A few years ago someone even made a documentary about about Coronation Street's popularity: http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/pass...1/corriecrazy/
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Wow! Did not know they showed Corrie in Canada!

1. Matilda is climbing the ranks I think so it technically can't be 'hipster' any more. It's no longer 'so obscure/uncool that it's cool' (like say... Vladimir) it's too 'mainstream'. I like Matty as a nickname, not a fan of Milla.

2. Beatrice is about as popular as Matilda I think.

3. I like Isadora. I'd go for Sadie or Dory.

4. I prefer soft 's' Elsa.

5. I prefer Vero for Veronica or Ronny.
    Yes they do :-) have done since the 1970's! my mum's parents moved here from Kent 3 years before she was born, and when Corrie was being shown here, my nan + and Granana (my mum's grandma) watched it with my mum, and she's always watched it since! I've been watching practically since birth, haha. I love some of the names off Corrie though, Violet, Bethany, Liam Connor (I loved him), Valerie (which is also my nan's name), Rosie+Sophie as a sibset, the list goes on.
    17. name lover. hoping to have kids of my own one day.

Little Ladies:
    Lucie Olivia|Audrey Nicole|Bryony Elise|Elsie Rose|Sienna Louise|Felicity Noelle|Clara Danielle|Evangeline Claire|Liliana Kate|Larissa Maeve|Fallon Rosalie|Tessa Violet

Little Gentlemen:
    Joshua Thomas|Cameron Patrick|Bryson Andrew|Brogan Oliver|Anthony Joel|Jamie William|Adam Michael|Landon Christopher|Dylan Robert|Charlie James

Quote Originally Posted by missusaytch View Post
    haleyalannahxo - Thanks for yr answers, and I never thought of Sadie for Isadora but I think it could work. :-)

dindlee - I kinda like Sora for Isadora, too, and I hadn't thought of that either. I also think Ezzie for Elza is very cute. Thanks!

renrose - For some reason Ronny is very unappealing to me. I can't put my finger on why, tho. Thanks for yr answers! I will have to mull over Vero. I feel like it might be kind of awkward to say but it may be my imagination. I might need to say it out loud a few times. :-) Also - I see Aira in your signature. I looked it up but there's no info on Nameberry. Will you tell me more? I love vowel names for girls.
    You're welcome! I love Sadie, but don't think's good on it's own. Isadora nn Sadie's cute imo.
    17. name lover. hoping to have kids of my own one day.

Little Ladies:
    Lucie Olivia|Audrey Nicole|Bryony Elise|Elsie Rose|Sienna Louise|Felicity Noelle|Clara Danielle|Evangeline Claire|Liliana Kate|Larissa Maeve|Fallon Rosalie|Tessa Violet

Little Gentlemen:
    Joshua Thomas|Cameron Patrick|Bryson Andrew|Brogan Oliver|Anthony Joel|Jamie William|Adam Michael|Landon Christopher|Dylan Robert|Charlie James

1. I don't think it is too hipstery. For good measure though, your husband should cultivate a fantastic beard and meet some new bearded friends in Austin and do some sleuthing to see if they all have Matilda-daughters. Or something. It is an old name with some fantastic connections. Any recent popularity has only familiarized the name in a positive way imo. I like Milla but think I prefer Tilly(ie)

2. Beatrice feels popular where I live (DC) but I don't know any where I am from (AL) so I think it depends on the region. -and, maybe I just have had very good luck to meet little Beatrices and it is atypical to know so many (well, actually 4, so not a zillion, but they are all under 3 and we see a couple of them regularly so it feels more common), I don't know. I don't see it getting into the top 100 for the whole USA though. I know a new version of Much Ado About Nothing is coming out this summer so there may be a spike after that at some point?

3. I love Isa and Sadie. And Sora/Zora is really cool too.

4. I prefer Elsa but am not bothered by Elza.

5. I like them both. And, this is a little odd maybe but my childhood friend Veronica would often go by Fern as her nn, it never struck me as different until right now haha, but it was perfect for her and a cool name so I had to share.

Also, and very important, is Fiona Emerald still on your list? I am still so enchanted by that name.
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

1. I've been seeing Matilda everywhere, but maybe that's just because I frequent naming sites. I haven't heard it on an actual person. I like it, and I like a lot of its possible nn's, Tilda, Matty, Milla.
    2. Same as above, but I see Beatrice as an acquired taste and not likely to rise dramatically.
    3. I really dislike Dora, but the suggestion of Sora is lovely.
    4. Elza is wow! So mysterious and enchanting! More pizzazz than Elsa, though Elsa is lovely too.
    5. I like Vera better, since Via is more of a word. Recently saw Vika as a nn for Viktoria, so maybe Vica could work for Veronica?
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Ailova, Vasilisa, Indrina, Rosmira, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Alianora, Fruzsina
    ... Alaric, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander, Caspian, Rhydian, Howell, Gustav, Theron, Onder, Sander