Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Masculine first names to counteract feminine surname

I have what I believe to be a very feminine last name, in fact most people associate it with being a female first name. Which puts one of my favourite boy names out of the running (Avery) as its too unisex to give to any little boy with a 'girly' last name. So to get to the point I'm looking for names that are masculine, but not too harsh, I also wanna stay clear of names that you hear everyday. Please offer your suggestions.

Can you tell us what your last name sounds like? What style names are you most drawn to?
    Edit-
    If your last name is in your screen name I'd avoid names that end in y or ie. How about Xavier, James, Declan, Dashiell, Ian?
    Last edited by domestikated; April 24th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.

Asher is a gentle sounding name in my opinion that would fit with Christi3 (if that is your surname) - it means 'happy' or 'blessed'? Good luck.

Yes, it is in my username. James is another of my favourites, it's a long standing family name (brother, dad, grandfather, great grandfather) that I feel I can't use due to my brother claiming it for any future son of his. Declan is currently at the top of my list, I hadn't previously considered Ian, but I'm really liking it. Definitely a contender. Thank you.

I like the sound of Asher, it's got a lovely meaning and has a nature-y vibe (which I like), but it might be a bit too soft sounding.