Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Do you like the boy name Satchel?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

16 16.67%
  • No!

80 83.33%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Satchel WAS the name of Woody Allen and Mia Farrow's sole biological child. He was named after baseball player Satchel Paige. I said "WAS" because as soon as he was old enough he changed it. He goes by Ronan Farrow now. I think that kind of says it all. Satchel is one word that doesn't translate well for a child's name. Children use to carry their schoolbooks in satchels. Would you name a daughter, Purse or Bag?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thank you for your opinions!
    : Thatcher - Fletcher - Forester - Slater - Magnus - Sawyer - Remington
    : Penelope - Talulah - Estelle - Daphne

Vote [UPDATED]
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9830218

Phil: The man purse. You're actually gonna wear that or are you guys just messin' with me?
    Alan: It's where I keep all my things. I get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a man purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Not a name... not a name at all.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    Phil: The man purse. You're actually gonna wear that or are you guys just messin' with me?
    Alan: It's where I keep all my things. I get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a man purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
    haha lawl...

It sounds like a teddy bear name to me... I mean, I can see it, but the fact that it's a bag is just kind of a strange name for a child. There's plenty of similar names out there that don't have such an off, even boring meaning.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    Ahaha, exactly what I was thinking.