Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Sister for Colt?

I need help with a name for a sister to Colt. My husband I both have K names and Colt has a /'k/ sound so I feel like baby girl's name needs to start with a /'k/ sound as well. My husband doesn't necessarily agree. Any suggestions/comments would be a huge help!!

Firstly welcome to Nameberry!
    I don't think you have to go with a K name unless you want to, just choose a name you fall in love with. If you do go with another K name just be aware that it gives off a bit of a Kardashian vibe.

I'm not sure of the what style you are going for but here are some name ideas,

Kate
    Kelly
    Cadence
    Cassidy
    Alexis
    Willow
    Avery

I hope that's helpful!
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

I agree: sticking to the same first sound, esp. a hard C/K, sounds a bit Kardashian to me. Most of the time, parents' first names aren't said in the same sentence with their kids, so I don't think a sister would feel left out if she got a different first initial.

With Colt, I'd do:
    Willow - seconded
    Gemma
    Adeline
    Aubrey
    Piper
    Ella
    Marin
    Mila
    Molly
    Noely
    Rosalie
    Ruby
    Sadie
    Larkin (Lark)
    Stella

And in case you really do want to go with another C/K name:
    Calla
    Cambrie
    Carlin
    Chloe
    Claire
    Kyra
    Copper
    Clio

I think now is kind of your last chance to leave the K thing behind. My husband and I both have first names that start with a K. We will purposely not name a LO with a K due to the matchiness and the K-K-K comments from all our smarta$$ friends. (We live in Mississippi; it would just be too much LOL.) However if I loved a C name with a K sound I'd use it. I'm surprised my husband hasn't suggested Colt, actually, as he is a huge fan of Colt firearms.

I have a step-cousin named Colt. He and his sister Jacy are junior rodeo campions. Though it's nms, I like the name Colt. It sounds like an energetic, trustworthy, salt-of-the-earth person. Here are my suggestions for a sister:

With a K sound:

Calla
    Carmen
    Cambry
    Kendra
    Cadence
    Cara
    Claire
    Clara

Others:

Tessa
    Julianna
    Hadley
    Willow
    Grace
    Sarah
    Rachel
    Molly
    Anna
    Emmeline
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Boy Combos: Jack Gabriel Walker & Jonah Michael Whittaker
    David . Alexander (Andy) . Xavier . Abel . Edgar . Apollo . Thomas . Harry . Walter . Frederick

Girl Combos: Clementine ??? . Margot Jillian . Diana Elizabeth
    Gemma . Beatrice . Vesper . Stella . Claire . Rose . Sibyl . Rosemary . Winter . Georgia . Grace . Judith . Corinne

Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle