Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

On multiple middle names

So, my DH has two middle names--his dad's, and a family middle--and we'd like to carry on the tradition by using the same formula if we have a son. We don't find out the genders of our twins for another 2 weeks, but in the meantime, my question is this: if the babies end up being a b/g set, would it be short-changing the girl to just give two middles to the boy?

Our tentative picks for each gender at the moment (still up for revision) are Felix Peter Gray and Rose Arabella (nn Rosie). Rose is a family name from my side and Arabella is at least relevant since we like the meaning, but the pickings are pretty slim for a girl middle that's a family name. If it's better to give both kids the same number of middles, would it be weird to just use something pretty even though it's not a meaningful family name?

I think it would be just fine to have your son have two middle names and your daughter to have only one middle name. Generally speaking you can't call your children by their full name anyways.

I meant don't call, not can't call, sorry!

I don't think it's a big deal for the boy to have 3 names and the girl to have 2. Some people don't have middle names at all. I usually hate multiple middle names but the ones that you have chosen don't sound bad together, just beware that the monogram will be an issue. I dated a guy with four names and he always had to drop one for monogrammed items like cuff links and what not. May not be a big deal to you or your hubby since he's dealt with it all his life too.

Quote Originally Posted by ali_o View Post
    I don't think it's a big deal for the boy to have 3 names and the girl to have 2. Some people don't have middle names at all. I usually hate multiple middle names but the ones that you have chosen don't sound bad together, just beware that the monogram will be an issue. I dated a guy with four names and he always had to drop one for monogrammed items like cuff links and what not. May not be a big deal to you or your hubby since he's dealt with it all his life too.
    I'm not too concerned about the monogram thing, so that's not an issue. I don't think I'd normally go for the two middles, but DH has such nice names that it would be a shame not to use them. I did think, though, that if we ended up having two boys we should probably just use one for each and skip the doubling-up.