Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It's not something I'd ever use but I like it with the nickname Ricky. I majorly dislike both Richie and Rich.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I love it. I'm considering using it in the middle position though. I don't think you should worry about potentially being called Dick or Dicky- I don't think anyone would do that anymore, at least not here. I know several Richards -Ricks, Rikkis, Riches- and they've never had their name shortened to that. And people still use William despite Willy! I think you should go for it. It'd be a shame if such a handsome, classic name was passed over because of a few stupid nicknames
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

I think the name Richard is handsome, even if it is slightly dated. I don't think anyone would call him Dick or Dicky, except maybe at school as a taunt, but how many kids even know Dick is short for Richard really anyway? I know three Richards, two go by Rich and one by Richy, though I also like the nn Rick or Ricky as well.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

One of my cousins has a son named Richard. He has always gone by Richard or Rich. None of the kids his age think twice about it because they are unaware that Dick was ever a nn for Richard. It is a nice, solid name and if you like it, you shouldn't hesitate to use it.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I think it's cool, but make the nicknames clear that you'd prefer to have him get called something other than Dick or Dicky.