Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    I do think it's a nice idea to see if your child can pronounce your top choice.

Personally, I don't think I would give an older child a real say for various reasons--conflict, ownership, objectifying....I don't know. I guess it would depend on the personality of the child, the reasoning for letting the child choose, and how firm/loose you are in your choices. I can imagine it having both horrible and fantastic outcomes depending on the situation.
    I agree with this smart lady. Of course it can be a sweet bond, but I imagine resentment from the little sister/brother. What if they hate the name? I want this to come back to me, if my child hates their name I want me to be the reason, not their big sister. And I want my other children's names to have as much love and care put into them as my first. Might be the little sister in me, but I don't ever want Rosalind's siblings to feel like they are less important in any way.
    As for pronouncing the name; that's what cute adorable nicknames are for!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Forgot to add, a friend's nephew suggested the name Speed Boy for her baby, so maybe don't give them total free reign!
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

My niece chose my daughter's name. But it helps that we have similar taste. Which may be worrying, given that she's still in preschool..!

I "helped" my parents, to name my brother Phillip, when I was three! But only because I watched sleeping Beauty.. Atleast that was the name they wanted anyway, so.. I also helped my sister, Maja, naming her daughter Silke. I gave them some choices and they stood between Sally and Silke, until she was born.
    Proud creator of
    Emmanuelle, Leo Elliot, Eli Cecil, Skylla, Hian, Jules, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~

I would probably allow my daughter some input if she were older, but it would still be the decision of myself and my DH. While I would allow her weigh in and take her opinion into consideration, it would ultimately be our choice.

She has zero input for this sibling, but when told a hypothetical sister *might* be named Rosaline she said "Cool, I'm going to call her rosiecheeks for short!" which I think is cute, and I'm happy to go along with that

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.