Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    I wouldn't let my child choose their siblings' names. That's a decision for the parents to make, although I have nothing against the idea of taking input from older siblings.
    I completely agree.

Although I did help name my brother Austin which was pretty fun for a four year old!
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

I wasn't so much given a choice for my younger brother's name, but I only liked one on my mum's list so I really strongly pushed for it and I did get my own way Thankfully I was 11 when he was born so my taste was at least somewhat "mature", and personally I like to think little Caleb now has me to thank in part for his lovely name (bear in mind that when he was born, it wasn't a popular choice in the UK and it's still not particularly popular now).

I wouldn't let my children name their sibling(s), but I would certain want their input. But I think if someone just couldn't decide between a few names they really loved, giving the job of picking to the sibling(s) is a nice idea. It's just not for me personally, I think. I do know of someone who was 100% responsible for their siblings' names, and I think that may be a bit too far for the majority of parents.
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

My parents let me name my baby sister. We're a little over three years apart, so when I picked it I was between 2-and-a-half and a little over 3 years old. That's a lot of trust in a toddler, right there!

It was 1990, and I was watching "Full House" (that show with Bob Saget and the Olsen twins) when they asked me. Thus, I have a sister named Michelle. I feel like when they asked "What should we name the baby?" I just looked up at the TV and thought "Well, that baby is named Michelle. Therefore, baby = Michelle."

My mom chose the name I liked for my brother for the mn. I was 4 1/2. His mn is Adam....I don't know why I liked that name. I was 4.

With the twins, my parents picked the names (Ryan Corey and Eric Cole) but she let me pick which one was going to be which. I was nearly 7 when they were born. If I ever have twins, I would like Elijah to pick which one is which.
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

My older sister named me (sort of). My parents were told I would be a boy, and they told my older sister to pick out a name for her little brother; she was about 2.5-3 years old at the time. She picked a nice name in the top 50. To my knowledge she didn't have any friends named that name, but she must've heard it somewhere. When I came out a girl, my parents gave me the feminine version of the name. My sister was allowed to have her ears pierced (which she'd been wanting) as a combination of apology for the name having to be different than what she'd been told and congratulation for being an older sister.

When my niece was 18-24 months she named her younger sister a classic, lovely name; it has since moved into the top 10. She is 4 and currently obsessed with the names Penelope and Violet, so not all kids have bad taste in names.

I think letting the older sibling name them is a sweet idea; I personally don't think I'll do it because I already have a lot of names I love and I'm selfish and want to pick it myself! But it's been a fun story to tell throughout my life, people usually get a kick out of hearing about it.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.