Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Isla, Quinn or Lauren for our girl?

I realize these are all very different names. We cannot decide between the three! Big sister's name is Ellie. I think Isla goes well with Ellie. I'm kind of into nicknames though and Isla doesn't really have a nickname. I love Lo for a nickname for Lauren. My husband loves Quinn for a girl and it's growing on me! Name suggestions with cute nicknames also welcome

I love Isla! It's by far my favorite of the three. I like Quinn, but not nearly as much as I do Isla. Lauren just seems really outdated to me. I like Q for Quinn, but I can't really think of a nickname for Isla.
    Just a suggestion! Have you thought about Lorelei/Lorelai or Laurel instead of Lauren? They're cousins of Lauren, but much much fresher.
    Best of luck!

Juliet, Willow, Camilla, Luna, Genevieve, Lorelai, Clarice, Emmeline, Isla, Eloise, Amelia, Mabel, Aurelia, Lumina, Lavender

Declan, Camden, Leo, Luca, Oliver, Rhys, Griffin, Milo, Yves, Rémy, Theo, Jasper, Gavin, Anders, Félix, Ollivander, Maxim

Wow, they are all very different, but I agree that all three go well with Ellie in their own way.

You could always call Isla "Izzie"/"Izzy." Ellie and Izzie make a pretty adorable duet. I don't love the name Isla on its own - it strikes me as a bit dramatic against an easygoing name like Ellie, but a nickname could certainly fix that.

Lo is such a neat nickname! My name is Laura and I always lamented my lack of a nickname growing up - wish someone had thought of Lo The name Lauren itself feels a little dated to me. Have you considered Laurel?

Quinn isn't my favorite, but "Ellie and Quinn" does have a nice ring to it. There's something really spunky and sprightly there.

Anyway, I'm not sure you can go wrong with any of those three!

Ellie and Isla sound way too similar, despite looking very different. You're basically just changing the vowel sounds.

Both Quinn and Lauren are nice, though!
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I love Isla, though I am biased. I do not think Ellie and Isla are too close. The only thing is you might be setting-up a pattern of names with the letter L in the middle of the name.

I also really like Quinn.

I personally feel Lauren is a bit tired. I knew so many Laurens in the 80s and 90s, spelled in every which way - including a boy, Loren.

editing to add

I like the suggestion of Laurel.
    Last edited by mumbear; April 23rd, 2013 at 08:52 PM.