Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elias?

Elias and Milo are my favorites from your list by far, and since you can't use Milo, Elias wins for me! I do like the short form Eli, but I like Elias enough to use it without a nickname at all.

Elias Leopold is also my favorite! I wouldn't use a nickname either as there are a lot of boys answering to Eli these days.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

My three year old is Elias Peter. He goes by Eli almost exclusively. I also call him Li (pronounced "lie") but that wasn't intentional, it just developed organically.

It's a great name! He loves it. When we were talking about what to name his sister, I told him about all the names we considered for him (Silas, Ezra, Judah, John) and he said he likes his name best.

Your entire list is so incredibly handsome!
    Because I learned how to read in german before I did in english, I have a tendency to want to pronounce names the "german" way so if you pronounced Elias Eh-lee-as instead of E-lie-us then nn Lias (Lee-us) is great too.

My first inclination was Elias Theodore but by mixing and matching your list Elias Leopold(o) (nn Ee-lo) or Henry Elias (nn Helius/Helias?) stand out.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).