Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Machine

Lightbulb Time Machine

Ever wonder what your name would have been in another era? Step into the time machine and find out!

1) Write out your first and middle names & the year of your birth.

2) Go to http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi and enter your birth year and select Top 1000 Popularity.

3) Find your names on the list and take note of their popularity rankings. If your name is not listed, choose another name with a similar sound or spelling.

4) Enter another year (your choice) and find the same popularity rankings. These are your new names.

For example:

My name is Madeleine Jean and I was born in 1990. In 1990, Madeleine was ranked #577. Jean was ranked #772.

My new year is 1890. In 1890, Philomena was ranked #577. Gillie was ranked #772.

Have fun!

Jillian Elizabeth, 1993

Jillian was #157, Elizabeth was #9

#157 was Kay, #9 was Nancy

Cool idea! Madison Grace, 1999. Madison was #7, Grace was #27. 1971. #7 was Melissa, #27 was Nicole.
    Last edited by mge28; April 23rd, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.

My name is Bailey Anne, and I was born in 1995.

Bailey was 96 and Anne was 208.

I chose the year 1920, and my new name is Mattie Faye!
    -Bailey-
    19 year old name addict

Alice, Amelie, Eleanor, Elodie, Eloise, Esme, Eve, Felicity, Imogen, Ivy, June, Maeve, Olive, Phoebe, Violet
    Dashiell, Declan, Elliot, Everett, Ezra, Felix, Finn, Henry, Hugo, Isaac, Jasper, Jude, Luke, Oliver, Samuel

Mattie Faye is super cute!

Here's another one:

My 1929 name would be Theodora Leone. I think I like that better than Philomena Gillie, honestly.