Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Harriet nn Arrietty?

I loved The Borrowers growing up, and I still do! Is Arrietty a usable nickname for Harriet? I've heard of it as a stand alone name, but I don't think it's strong enough to stand on it's own (much like Ellie). What do you think?
    17. name lover. hoping to have kids of my own one day.

Little Ladies:
    Lucie Olivia|Audrey Nicole|Bryony Elise|Elsie Rose|Sienna Louise|Felicity Noelle|Clara Danielle|Evangeline Claire|Liliana Kate|Larissa Maeve|Fallon Rosalie|Tessa Violet

Little Gentlemen:
    Joshua Thomas|Cameron Patrick|Bryson Andrew|Brogan Oliver|Anthony Joel|Jamie William|Adam Michael|Landon Christopher|Dylan Robert|Charlie James

I've never heard of anyone else doing it, but I think it's a great idea. I agree with you that it's not great on its own, but I think it's lovely as a nn for Harriet. It may not be the most intuitave nn in the world, but it's certainly not the least and I reckon you could get away with little to no emplaining. I don't think it makes much less sense than Hattie.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I think it would work perfectly for Harriet
    Due 2/2/15

I prefer Arrietty as a stand alone name. I think it's super cute, pretty, and whimsical! It could also work as a nn for Harriet if that's what you wanted to do though.
    nineteen & renaming myself soon

Love Arrietty personally feel it works grat on its own But yes it doesn't work as a nn for Harriet