Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Keziah

This is one of my favorite names from the Bible, pronounced keh-ZYE-uh.

Keziah Jones, which is a male singer, pronounces it this way.

I love it! If my best friend hadn't claimed it, it would be top of my list!
    ~ Mama to Juniper and Arlo and our pooch Crazy Chester ~
    a hypothetical 3rd/4th child would be Susannah Liberty ~ Tait Henry Miles

I know few Keziahs, all pronounced Keh-zee-uh. I like it.
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Estelle. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Frederic Levi
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Ambrose. Damien Alexei Orion

I adore this name, I fell in love with it after reading a book with the main character named Keziah several years back, though I don't know if I would ever use it. I pronounce it Kez-EYE-uh, though I've never met anyone with the name or heard it said, it was just my teenage self trying to work it out while reading the book. I think the nn Kezzy is rather adorable as well. I don't mind the KEH-zee-uh pronunciation, it just feels a bit more forced for me to say it that way.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I prefer keh-zee-uh over ZYE too. I have run into Kezias and Keziahs who say it our preferred way - that seems to be the more common pronunciation in UK and Australia. (I'm in Australia).

I am currently leaning towards, however, maybe Kezia being easier for people to get right, instead of hitting the hard EYE-ah when they see -iah?

I also have Ketzia on my list, reflecting the Hebrew pronunciation of keh-tzee-uh. (BTW as far as "the real Biblical pronunciation!" arguments go, ZYE doesn't seem supported...)

Kezzy is cute but for Ketzia I favour Kitty. Can't decide if that's TOO cute, though.