Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Keziah

I loved Keziah for a long time when I was younger pronounced KEH-zee-uh, but the Ke-ZIE-uh pronouncation has turned me off a bit. The first time a heard the name was in a book, and the character mainly went by Kizzy which I think is a supercute nn.

I really like this name, it's growing on me.
    I'd really recommend considering the spelling of Kezia instead of Keziah. It's the difference in spelling/pronunciation between Maria and Mariah, and I doubt anybody would mispronounce it if spelled Kezia. Just a suggestion!

Best wishes.

Juliet, Willow, Camilla, Luna, Genevieve, Lorelai, Clarice, Emmeline, Isla, Eloise, Amelia, Mabel, Aurelia, Lumina, Lavender

Declan, Camden, Leo, Luca, Oliver, Rhys, Griffin, Milo, Yves, Rémy, Theo, Jasper, Gavin, Anders, Félix, Ollivander, Maxim

I'm so glad the response to Keziah has been positive. It's a favorite of mine.

I do agree with the multiple suggestions of Kezia, it would probably make pronunciation a lesser issue. However, it looks incomplete and a bit like it's a made up name without the H.

For curiosity sake, what do you all think of these combos?

Keziah Lilac
    Keziah Pearl
    Keziah Lily

Thanks!
    new username @finch

Quote Originally Posted by rileymc1234 View Post
    I really like this name, it's growing on me.
    I'd really recommend considering the spelling of Kezia instead of Keziah. It's the difference in spelling/pronunciation between Maria and Mariah, and I doubt anybody would mispronounce it if spelled Kezia. Just a suggestion!

Best wishes.
    Fun Fact: Until the 19th century the standard English pronunciation of Maria was Mariah. The spelling Mariah arose to maintain that earlier pronunciation when the Latin, German, Spanish, etc. pronunciation of Maria became more popular.

new username @finch

Quote Originally Posted by nelliedellie View Post
    I loved Keziah for a long time when I was younger pronounced KEH-zee-uh, but the Ke-ZIE-uh pronouncation has turned me off a bit. The first time a heard the name was in a book, and the character mainly went by Kizzy which I think is a supercute nn.
    I wholy dislike the keh-ZIE-uh pronunciation. I've really only ever heard KEH-zee-uh so that saved it for me.

Kizzy or Kezzy would be such an adorable nickname.
    new username @finch