Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Keziah

I don't like it much, I'm afraid. I seem to naturally gravitate away from "K" names and I find this one quite harsh and clunky. Sorry.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

I know a young girl name Keziah her name is pronounced keh-ZIE-ah. If you don't like that pronunciation spelling it Kezia would be a good solution
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    I also have Ketzia on my list, reflecting the Hebrew pronunciation of keh-tzee-uh. (BTW as far as "the real Biblical pronunciation!" arguments go, ZYE doesn't seem supported...)

Kezzy is cute but for Ketzia I favour Kitty. Can't decide if that's TOO cute, though.
    I've thought about that as well. When I'm unsure about a Hebrew name I tend to look for Hebrew sources. I want to know the authentic pronunciation and then go from there. I saw Keziah's pronunciation written as somthing close to ke-tzi'a which is why I didn't just flat out assume I'd been pronuncing the name wrong for years.

I love the nickname Kitty, and I never would have paired it with Keziah.
    new username @finch

Quote Originally Posted by pinkballerina View Post
    I don't like it much, I'm afraid. I seem to naturally gravitate away from "K" names and I find this one quite harsh and clunky. Sorry.
    No reason to say sorry. It was an opinion question. I'd be fooling myself if I only wanted the positive opinions!
    new username @finch

I have a 20 month old daughter called Keziah Clementine. I really love her name. I wanted old-fashioned, unusual, but not wacky. We pronounce it Kez-EYE-ah and honestly, I'd never heard of it pronounced Ke-ZEE-ah till I looked it up on Nameberry! I am in Australia and begging to differ with one of the other commenters on this thread, I suspect that the Ke-ZEE-ah pronunciation is more of an American thing. Having said that, its really very uncommon here and most people say 'sorry, what is it?' when I tell them our baby is called Keziah. Also being honest, I can also tell that most people don't like it either - which kind of makes is a maverick name to me and so I like it even more! I knew of it as my partner has an old friend with the name and since my little girl was born, I discovered one of my friends has a niece called Kaziah as well (diff. spelling but pronounced the same way as my daughter and she is in England). Our daughter's nickname is Kizzie, which was a big part of why we went for it too - seems old world and cute to me and I'm very into grandma/old-time names. Our first daughter, who is 4, is called Odessa Lux. We also chose Odessa because it's a very seldom used name that had a bit of popularity a century or so ago. In contrast to poor little Keziah though, it seems almost everyone who meets our eldest loves her name! I feel adamantly though, that you have to chose a baby name because YOU love it, regardless of what anyone else may think. Good luck! x