Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Keziah

I know one person named Keziah, and she pronounces it Keh-zee-ah. I didn't think there were any other pronunciations haha. I think it's a really great name and it's unusual yet familiar at the same time.
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair

Quote Originally Posted by bethlow View Post
    I know one person named Keziah, and she pronounces it Keh-zee-ah. I didn't think there were any other pronunciations haha. I think it's a really great name and it's unusual yet familiar at the same time.
    I had no idea of a different pronunciation either. I happend to google the name and every single resource I saw said keh-ZIE-uh, referencing the biblical pronunciation of names ending in -iah (Jeremiah, etc.). I thought it best to clarify the pronunciation I was using ahead of time.
    new username @finch

I love the name Keziah, but only with the kez-eye-ah pronunciation.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I'd never heard this name in real life; I'd just seen it in the Bible (she was one of Job's latest three daughters.) I supposed it was pronounced keh-ZIE-ah because of its similarity to Josiah, Jeremiah, Tobiah, etc., so I was surprised to see Nameberry's pronunciations: KEE-zee-ah or KEE-zhah (also different from the OP's preferred pronunciation.) Why would it be pronounced differently than similar names? But I'm willing to be corrected, especially since I find all of these alternate pronunciations more attractive than keh-ZIE-ah.

I like the name, especially spelled Kezia. Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

I've loved the name Kezia for ages. I had always assumed it was pronounced KEH-zee-uh, because aside from the Kezia of the Old Testament, I read the biography of Susanna Wesley and her youngest daughter was named Kezia, nn Kezzy.
    * James * Henry * Baker * Ronan * Harry * Rhys * Shepard *
    * Maisie * Beatrice * Sadie * Violet * Zoey * Mary * Caroline * Juniper *