Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    *Hazel- I really like Hazel. I think it's adorable
    *Luella- Eh...
    *Nellie- Meh...
    *Della- This one's nice! You definitely don't here it everyday, and it's refreshing among all of the Ella's out there
    *Mabel- Love Mabel!! One of my favorites
    *Mabelline- I love the way it sounds, but I think it's too connected to Maybelline Cosmetics for use today.
    *Gladys- I don't want to offend anybody, but it's always been my #1 least favorite name.
    *Thelma- To me it sounds like somebody with a speech impediment is trying to say Velma.
    *Opal- Love!!!
    *Constance- Not a fan
    *Elva- It's kind of badass.
    *Betty- It's okay. Beatrix or Beatriz would be a nice way to get Betty as a nn. Is Bedelia too much of a stretch??

~Best wishes~

Juliet, Willow, Camilla, Luna, Genevieve, Lorelai, Clarice, Emmeline, Isla, Eloise, Amelia, Mabel, Aurelia, Lumina, Lavender

Declan, Camden, Leo, Luca, Oliver, Rhys, Griffin, Milo, Yves, Rémy, Theo, Jasper, Gavin, Anders, Félix, Ollivander, Maxim

I think Hazel, Nellie, Mabel, Constance and Betty (Elizabeth and Elsbeth are my favorite full names) are all lovely and perfectly usable. Mabelline is too 'maybe she's born with it' and the others I just don't really like.
    Girls: Lucy, Nora, Ivy, Mae, Willow, Rose, Nessa
    Boys: Felix, Philip, Owen, Flynn, Dexter, Henry, Rory, Finlay

My daughter's middle name is Elva

Quote Originally Posted by backtomyroots View Post
    (as per my last post) I am starting to really get into old lady names today... Here are some of my family tree old lady names...

Do you think these are usable for a modern baby? Do you like them? Other comments?

No need to worry about my feeling... i don't take offence to opinions! ( my grandpa was one of 14 and most were girls... so Im lucky to have a lot to work with!)

Hazel
    Luella
    Nellie
    Della
    Mabel
    Mabelline
    Gladys
    Thelma
    Opal
    Constance
    Elva
    Betty.... WHATS YOUR FAVORTIE WAY TO GET TO THE nn BETTY????

Most of these are real nice! I'm not sure what counts as an old lady name, but I like Rosemary. I also really like Marleen and Marlowe and Margot, whereas most people tell me they're outdated...So.