Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I don't think it's weird at all. Cemeteries are very interesting places! My father in law passed away two years ago and we are frequent visitors to his cemetery. I catch myself all the time looking at names. There are some gems in there!

If I'm walking a past a cemetery, I do look at some names, I've done it since I was about 6 years old, haha! Some that I've found are:

Thomas Oliver William
    Martha Anne Louise
    Sarah Evangeline
    Lydia Anne

Not the most unique, but I've also seen a few Mercy's, Harrietta's, Henrietta's and a Verity
    17. name lover. hoping to have kids of my own one day.

Little Ladies:
    Lucie Olivia|Audrey Nicole|Bryony Elise|Elsie Rose|Sienna Louise|Felicity Noelle|Clara Danielle|Evangeline Claire|Liliana Kate|Larissa Maeve|Fallon Rosalie|Tessa Violet

Little Gentlemen:
    Joshua Thomas|Cameron Patrick|Bryson Andrew|Brogan Oliver|Anthony Joel|Jamie William|Adam Michael|Landon Christopher|Dylan Robert|Charlie James

I was just walking through a cemetery this past weekend, checking out names on the headstones, so funny to see this thread. Its a great way to find new names. I was interested to see the name Rosila, which I haven't heard. I imagine its pronounced ro-SEE-la, along the lines of Rosina. The death date on the stone was 1919.

Estaleen is also very pretty--I've certainly never come across it before.

Quote Originally Posted by tristan View Post
    I will do this if I happen to be visiting a graveyard. I love seeing the old names. I was in a mid 19th century graveyard recently and came across the name Sybella. I thought it was pretty and fairly unusual. I noticed a lot of classic names that were popular for the time and some that still sound dated like Eunice, Gladys, etc.
    i have seen that name also and like it lots
    Married my best friend 5/11/13, mommy to Murron Lydia Genevieve 10/20

Name crushes:
    Alice Hazel, Helena Faye,Cleora Beatrice,Gloria Charlotte, Sylvia Edith,Lior Inez
    Solomon Jace, Gideon Charles, Henry , Waylon, Arlo, Mordecai

I can't say I've ever walked in a "cementary," but I do visit cemeteries every so often for genealogy/family history purposes. There are always some great names tucked away on those old headstones.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James Alexander
    ♀ | Jane Anne Helen Caroline Phoebe Georgia Gwen Sylvie