Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I've never heard any one pronounce the -ana in Georgiana; it' always jawr-JAY-nuh. I think they go very well together, Poe & Austen hand in hand
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I've never heard any one pronounce the -ana in Georgiana; it' always jawr-JAY-nuh. I think they go very well together, Poe & Austen hand in hand
    It's almost always jawr-jee-AN-uh or jawr-JAN-uh here, I'm afraid. And yes, two of my favorite authors! I always wonder if Virginia would be too much Poe influence with Annabel, as many believe that Annabel Lee was inspired by his late wife, Virginia. Then I remind myself that not everyone is as interested in such things.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>

Georgiana is such a great name, I think it goes very well with Annabel. I also love Katherine.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

hmm, I like Georgiana, but with a sister Annabel I might be more inclined to pick Georgia to honour a Georgiana.

I think Katherine and Tabitha are both great, too!

Wow, these names are gorgeous! Beautiful and feminine, a bit frilly, but by no means lightweights. I love the literary associations too. I'm in love with Georgiana, Elizabeth (as you can tell from my signature) and Virginia. Katherine is lovely also. Not too keen on Tabitha though; it just reminds me of a tabby cat. They all go well with Annabel, which is also great by the way.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy