Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I also, having a connection to the Chinese culture, would never use Phoenix on a boy. The phoenix in China (and some other countries of East Asia) is very much a feminine symbol (as opposed to the male 'dragon' symbol). While the name Phoenix seems like a male name according to my American ear, it feels very very much like a feminine symbol due to my knowledge of East Asian culture. I personally would never use this name (even if I loved it) specifically because of this reason. Even if I personally didn't have a connection to Chinese/East Asian culture, a very large amount of people do, so tons of people will make this Phoenix= 'symbol of female' association (the 1/5 of the world's population who lives in China + the many many others all throughout the world who have connections to this region of the world)
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

I only see Phoenix as usable for a boy. I just don't picture that name on a girl at all, though I have never met one/known of one either. And I think it's an okay name. I'm not crazy about it, but it's not awful.
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 19!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324

I kind of like it on a boy, but would loathe it on a girl. I'm American, so I think of it as a place name in addition to the mythological bird rising from ashes.

I have a daughter named Phoenix Rose, but I definitely think it is usable for a boy. My daughter is Chinese American, so I chose the name to help her keep in touch with her heritage. But for those who are not Chinese, it think it's perfectly fine to use it on a boy.

I don't see why Phoenix can't be used on a boy. I have it for one o my list.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Monet | Monroe | Celsius (MN) | Malachi | Chai | Iowa
    ♂ Celsius (MN) | Monroe | Andrew